Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Ooops, misspelled Kalahari) I have ordered a Torch red with Kalahari seats but have until Tuesday to make any last minute changes. There are no pictures of this combo anywhere and I am nervous that I am making a mistake. Any opinions out there? Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I personally did torch red with black. Im just not sure with your color combo. I found a picture and I don't think it looks good. Do a google search red car with kalahari interior and you should see the pic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
(Ooops, misspelled Kalahari) I have ordered a Torch red with Kalahari seats but have until Tuesday to make any last minute changes. There are no pictures of this combo anywhere and I am nervous that I am making a mistake. Any opinions out there? Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

It all depends on your taste. I haven't seen the actual tone in person. They all look different in every picture (this happens with every color but black; black is black). I was debating going with adrenaline red and after thinking about it and realizing that the red shows wear and tear more and can get old quickly, I decided to step down to 2LT and go with jet black interior. If you are set on kalahari, make sure you go for the 3LT. Having the dash on black and the seats on kalahari does not look well in my opinion.

In short, and not only said by me but by someone who has sold many Corvettes over the years and saw the new one in person, you should go with the 3LT for every color but black. If you choose black, go for 2LT. Leather is definitely harder to care for as well. So, that's just something to think about if you are considering black.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all of the advice. I finally found some pictures and you are right...if I did Kalahari, I would need to upgrade to 3LT to get it on the dash as well. Not sure if I want to dish out another $4000, so probably will have to change...if it's not too late!

·
Registered
64 Posts
You will be fine either way. I read that you are in MS in another thread. I used to live in FL and the tinted windows and black interior did the trick during the days that were below 95 degrees. I agree with you and not ditching the extra $4K. I am saving the money there and on the wheels (total of $6K). Then, I am selling the wheels to someone who did not go with the Z51 package, getting wider rim/tires (the car should have come with 305's in the back at least in my opinion).

Like longhorn said in the other post, go with what you like. I think that kalahari and red should be fine; it is very Ferrari-like. I am in the same situation you are in. My order will be introduced finally on Tuesday. I may actually wait until the next consensus if I dont get the carbon fiber dash. We'll see Tuesday I guess. I have changed my mind so many times that I don't even know if i will change once again before then. Good luck and let me know if you have any other question. I know how hard can it be when you are trying to decide blindfolded.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have changed my mind a million times too! I was going with night blue (because I'm an Auburn fan, and I have to think of football season, ha,ha) and we Auburn fans HATE crimson, if ya know what I mean. But Torch red is more like Georgia so I think I can deal with it. As for the tint: Mississippi has strict tint laws and we have to get an inspection sticker every year where they test it. So tint is out, unfortunately. I'm sure it will be fine, whatever I end up with...it will probably be the first 2014 in Meridian and will turn heads. Can't wait!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Torch Red with Kalahari interior? ABSOLUTELY!
It's been the overwhelming choice of Ferrari drivers for at least 30 years - it's going to look stunning.

·
Registered
214 Posts
and I also have a friend that lives in Meridian so I'll have her keep an eye out for ya!

Reactions: wareagle92

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have changed my mind a million times too! I was going with night blue (because I'm an Auburn fan, and I have to think of football season, ha,ha) and we Auburn fans HATE crimson, if ya know what I mean. But Torch red is more like Georgia so I think I can deal with it. As for the tint: Mississippi has strict tint laws and we have to get an inspection sticker every year where they test it. So tint is out, unfortunately. I'm sure it will be fine, whatever I end up with...it will probably be the first 2014 in Meridian and will turn heads. Can't wait!
Oh man.... I learned how not to put sport teams -related stuff on my car. I had a Florida Gators license plate on my M3 during the college and moved to Knoxville, TN for graduate school at the University of Tennessee. Fifty middle fingers, crap on my car and sevral spits later, I realized that it is never a good idea to put your team's stuff on your car. You never know where you'll end up and there are definitely some crazy fans out there.

Like 2nd Stingray said, that has been Ferrari's usual interior choice. So, I am thinking that it would look great too. It all depends in your personal taste. The first post I wrote was just a suggestion and an explanation about how I ended up choosing black. If the competitions seats were already out, I would probably go with a 3LT red. These constraints sucks. I am to the point that I could buy another car meanwhile and get the Stingray next year. Patience is not my forte :eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
My C7 is Torch Red with Kalahari interior. I want the dash black. Heck, I just WANT it already!!

Reactions: wareagle92
1 - 14 of 14 Posts