Stingray Corvette Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the triple flush done twice in two months in my 2015. The second being in August. Still have the shudder although not as bad but still very pronounced and bothersome. My dealer will no longer work on the car because they said their :cracker jack" mechanic said theres nothing wrong with my car and GM's customer service is non existent. I have an adviser, an incident number but they aren't doing diddly squat. Yesterday, out of sheer frustration, I tried this stuff called Lubegard. Injected 4 oz into my transmission and as soon as I drove the car, the shudder was gone. It was shuddering at 8am when I drove it to warm up the fluids and not shuddering at 9:30 when I was done with the work. Drove the car close to 75 miles all day and no shudder..........I will update but check out their website.
lubegard.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
I had the triple flush done twice in two months in my 2015. The second being in August. Still have the shudder although not as bad but still very pronounced and bothersome. My dealer will no longer work on the car because they said their :cracker jack" mechanic said theres nothing wrong with my car and GM's customer service is non existent. I have an adviser, an incident number but they aren't doing diddly squat. Yesterday, out of sheer frustration, I tried this stuff called Lubegard. Injected 4 oz into my transmission and as soon as I drove the car, the shudder was gone. It was shuddering at 8am when I drove it to warm up the fluids and not shuddering at 9:30 when I was done with the work. Drove the car close to 75 miles all day and no shudder..........I will update but check out their website. View attachment 276213 View attachment 276213
Interesting. Any idea what is in it? And where, exactly, does one inject it into the transmission? After you have driven it for a while let us know if it is still working. --Bob

·
Registered
343 Posts
UPDATE...GM sent a program to the dealership here called Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville, GA. The mechanic drove it with a laptop hooked up. It showed the problem as the Torque Converter and a module malfunction. So, I am at a dilemma here. We do not want a NEW C7 that has been taken half apart and spread out on a dealership floor. This may sound bad, but my $73 K was spent on a new car. This car has had this problem since we drove it off the lot. We will see how GM treats us. I have owned many Corvettes and will continue to have a few around so I am really counting on some good common sense treatment. I will keep everyone posted.
Van#s1, did you get this issue resolved? My 2015 A8 has also done this from early on. First shift into drive in the morning, then that awful T/C shudder when it auto downshifts!! I just had mine "fixed" again for the sixth time. This time they charged $450 for the "fix". That was two weeks ago, and the T/C shudder is already back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath for GM. My service adviser has been absent since my first contact four months ago and my dealer,Rick Hendrick will no longer work on my car.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Among all the negative experiences people have been having with the TCC/triple flush at GM, I want to say I took my 2015 Stingray A08 in for an oil change (2350 miles) and mentioned to my service tech that my drivetrain warranty was expiring soon and I had noticed a little clunkiness in shifting at low speeds.

I was expecting somewhat of a fight, based on others in this thread, but he said if I had the time to wait, he'd do the triple-flush today. I was nearly speechless and said, heck yes, I'll wait all day if necessary. He did it in about 2.5 hrs and it was all under warranty (except the oil change). Maybe it's all mental but the car did seem silky smooth all the way home! Very satisfied!!! Hope it lasts!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2015 Corvette stingray and had the triple flush done last August. (significant shutter problem) Mileage was 14,431. Headed out for lunch and an errand today and since the triple flush it runs perfectly. Mileage today is 15,090. The car just floats down the highway. What a kick to drive! I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone else experienced a shudder when the C7 shifts from overdrive to passing gear? It is a very hard shudder that makes such a hesitation or shudder that the passenger can feel it. It does not shudder every time but about 80 percent of the time. We went to the Tail of the Dragon this past weekend and it shudders every time while ongoing threw the mountains under all driving conditions. It also does not matter what position my driving dial is positioned in. Any one else with this bug?
What do you expect, it's a GM product, you get what you pay for. My dealer said let them know when it's not driveable, quit complaining. But they were willing to take it on a trade; nice way to sell cars. My advice is to get rid of it, avoid the hassle and disappointment. Issue still continues after 5 years, may not be fixable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Van#s1, did you get this issue resolved? My 2015 A8 has also done this from early on. First shift into drive in the morning, then that awful T/C shudder when it auto downshifts!! I just had mine "fixed" again for the sixth time. This time they charged $450 for the "fix". That was two weeks ago, and the T/C shudder is already back.
I installed a Range Technology AFM Disabler on my 2016 Z51 ,and the whole car feels better, much smoother take off and running.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts