Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto trans removed and torque tube and torque converter on order for a slight rattle heard only at idle with no other issues...cars at dealer 1 week and hopefully get back within a week but they gave me a free loaner and i see the light at the end of the tunnel..at first dealer didnt know what to do stating they were waiting on general motors to direct them!! Yikes...statements like that dont exude confidence but eventually were told replace torque tube...torque converter was frozen on shaft per mechanic...couldnt even pound it off with hammer!...yikes!! Other words i dont like to hear when dealer reffering to my new c7....will keep you updated

·
Registered
429 Posts
Pollickup,

Where, in Florida, are you located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if I have one more major issue, Im selling my fully optioned triple blk/full carbon/suede/3LT/Z51 and getting Audi S7

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really hope it doesnt come to that, but what do you think its worth??( every option car minus competition seatswith Auto trans 1800 miles on it)

·
18,670 Posts
if I have one more major issue, Im selling my fully optioned triple blk/full carbon/suede/3LT/Z51 and getting Audi S7
Understand your frustration. Absolutely. The grass may not be greener on the other side of the fence, I.e., went through three years of three different troubled BMW's (all brand new). Also, before you go to an Audi, get on the Audi forums and look up direct injection carbonized cylinder problems and how Audi has yet to solve that problem.

Your Corvette's problems will be solved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
of course they will...its HOW they handle it and HOW LONG it takes...maybe the only memory Ill have of the car once I sell it since GM/Dealer sat on their hands..GM products have come along way but not sure if service after the sale equal to the product development

·
18,670 Posts
GM products have come along way but not sure if service after the sale equal to the product development
Totally, and sadly agree with your comment! Hope they get your car fixed, and you get to enjoy it real soon!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am really disappointed in GM after the sale myself, love the car but GM's personal know nothing about this car when you call them. I have called every one from the dealer all the way up to GM customer service and tech with no answers on many of my questions. I have learned a valued lesson here. NEVER buy a first year new car again! Wait for the hype to calm down and also give the company time to get there act together.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hey Poll,

I am sorry that you are having problems so soon! I am glad that your dealership got GM involved, if you would like for the Customer Care side of the company to get involved, please let me know. I can set up a case and work with your dealership to ensure you have a positive experience.

Hey tj,

How can I help answer your questions? I am pretty good at either answering them myself, non technical of course, or getting the answers. If they are technical, I am sorry but I will refer you to your dealership. If you need me to call and speak with your dealer or anyone else I will. Just let me know what I can do.

We did just start becoming more active on this forum, so please utilize our group. PM is going to be the best way to get our attention. I look forward to meeting y'all and helping where I can.

Have a good weekend,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello everyone, How would I pm the Chevrolet customer care to send them my order number for an update?

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
463 Posts
I am really disappointed in GM after the sale myself, love the car but GM's personal know nothing about this car when you call them. I have called every one from the dealer all the way up to GM customer service and tech with no answers on many of my questions. I have learned a valued lesson here. NEVER buy a first year new car again! Wait for the hype to calm down and also give the company time to get there act together.
Would a 2015 be a much safer bet? Buying the year after a new model release does make sense. Are your problems that bad? Does that apply to a C7 Z06 or ZR1 (whatever they name it), as in wait for the second year of those up models? Curious to hear what you guys think, thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am not really having any problems I am just frustrated over the lack of knowledge any body with the company has. I think waiting next time for me will end this frustration as they will have time to learn all about it and be able to answer questions without saying I don't know. Of course there is two ways to look at it. Buy now when the hype is though the roof and have the latest thing to hit the streets or wait, pay less, have less frustration, with less problems. Its a two way street I think and I am sure I will get over it once the info is out there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This torque tube noise was a common problem with the c6 auto,with the c6 the mettalic rattle was caused by a nut called the hub nut which would come loose and make the hub move on the splines of the flex plate spindle, aluminum is a great amplifier of sound and the bellhousing where the torque convertor is,is like the shape of a cone of a speaker u would swear the noise was
the convertor,u would hear the rattle mainly on idle in drive and if u revved it slightly over idle with your foot on the brake in other words putting a load on the shaft the noise would completely disappear,when I first heard this noise I thought also it was the exhaust,then listening with a stethoscope thought it was the convertor,removed the torque tube and found that loose hub nut.Ordered a new nut added lots of locktite on the threads retorqued the nut over the recommended torque spec and that was the end of that,easy fix.Having said that I'm really surprised that GM had not rectified this problem before the release of the c7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue, I posted a video.....Official C7 Corvette Issue/Resolution Thread, GM replaced the torque tube and solved the rattle.
If you are not sure if your noise is the same...just take a look at my post.
Thanks Richard

·
Registered
489 Posts
I am getting a slight clicking noise reminds me of the sound of a playing card in a bicycles spokes, is that normal?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts