Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WhiteHot's OEM fuel rail cover lettering painting had started to peel or flake, so I decided to redo them. I cleaned off the original paint with ultra fine sand paper and then isopropyl alcohol. I purchased a two pack of oil based paint markers in red from Amazon ('Overseas Paint Marker'). Two coats seemed to fully cover the letters but I added a third just because :) . All work was done with leaving them on the engine.

Here is how they turned out:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Tire Grille

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Light Vehicle

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Were there any stroke marks remaining....ala a brush stroke?
Thanks. The marker I used has a hard nib so no brush marks. As can be seen in the pictures, it looks pretty flawless. However, if I get within about two inches of the letters and just the right lighting, I can see where I wasn't totally level in my coating. Since you can't see it beyond two inches, I am not going to do any sanding/leveling :rolleyes:.

Reactions: mjdart

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks fantastic. Was the paint heat sensitive?
Thanks. After a week the paint looks as good as when I put it on (like in the pictures) and it has been driven daily. It did not say it was 'ok' for high heat situations, yet it did not say to avoid that either. Keep in mind it is on the fuel rail covers which are some sort of plastic and in fact sit off of the engine itself. I intend to keep checking it and will let you know if the heat affects it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts