Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Track Oil

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GQ4Life 
#1 ·
Says to change to 15w-50 for track driving.. then put back to normal after track.
Everyone do that?
I'm doing HPDE 1 driving day in end of March.
Think it's to keep oil temps down.

I'm going to definitely put on the rotor rings since one magazine didn't put them on and complained about brake fade

#2 ·
I'm also very interested in experienced and serious enthusiast's perspective on proper oil and gas products to consider using in my Stingray.

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM 7sp Z51 Coupe
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **

#4 ·
yeah seen that.. what a pain lol..
i have to dump the oil and then do it again after the track.. I am not allowed to work on my car so I am going to have to take it to the dealership.. and hope the mechanic does mess up and put 5w30 out of habit ..

Brake fluid Id love Castrol SRF but way too much so its between Super Blue, Motul RBF 600 or RBF 660
any thoughts?

#5 ·
Went to VIR and CMP with stock oil and no cooling rings. Brakes did great. Only a tiny amount of pedal fade at VIR on last run of day. The ambient air temp was about 75 degrees. Will change to DOT 4 fluid and that should fix it. The oil temp got up to about 250 according to display at VIR. I don't think in HPDE 1 you will be driving hard enough to need 15w-50 weight oil. Just my 2 cents

#6 ·
Forgot to mention I run in HPDE 2 usually but my instructor made me run in group 3 last session at VIR. So modest amount of experience in general but this is only second HPDE with my stingray. Two more in May,and I will post my opinions of new brake fluid. Will say the stock pads do not last very long but they do a fantastic job. Only 1/4 inch left after 3 HPDE days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.