Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 C8 coupe will probably need a new transmission. Currently, I am waiting on GM engineers to tell the dealership what they will do. I noticed a leak after 1,700 miles, took it in to the dealership where it was diagnosed as a transmission gasket problem. A new gasket was shipped in, installed and the leak was gone. There weeks later, I discovered another leak on the garage floor. The tech discovered a leak, but this time in a different location of the transmission. A section I have been told cannot be repaired. Hence, the probable transmission replacement.

I now have 1,988 miles, 1,100 of those miles driving from Bowling Green to Austin, Tx. Hopefully, my story is the exception because the C8 is an outstanding automobile. The ride, handling, acceleration are much better than my previous C7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After 51 days, I have a new tranny. So far, no leaks, keeping my fingers crossed. Hope you get your tranny soon and begin enjoying your C8 again. Took mine for a short jaunt on a toll road where the speed limit is 85. Couldn’t resist going faster than that. What a car!

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Welcome to our forum George C8. Congrats on your C8 but sorry to read about your transmission issues. Please keep us apprised.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts