Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question members......has anyone been able to have their transmission flushed under the "drive train warranty"???? Been told by dealer that it would have been covered under the bumper to bumper (3 year now expired) but its not covered under the drive train....cost is about 300 bucks and at least 2 days in the shop.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Have you tried a different dealership? Shop around, and you will probably find a different answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mickeywc, I bought a 2015 Z51 last spring, it had 13,000 miles but over the 36 month warranty period. I had the transmission shudder, took it to local Chevy dealer in Medford, Oregon. They diagnosed it with a pico-scope machine, and did a triple flush and filled with the newer trans fluid under Bulletin 18-NA-355. There was no cost to me. hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a 2015 Corvette Stingray and had the triple flush done last August because of the shudder problem. The mileage then was right around 14,400. It was covered under the powertrain warranty. I paid nothing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
At 20,000 miles mine developed the shudder. My dealer did the flush, etc. with the old type fluid, the new fluid wasn't out yet. At 38,000 miles still OK, but figure the shudder will probably return this summer. My dealer gave me the impression that this was service bulletin matter and not a warranty limited matter. I'm expecting to do a flush/fill with the new fluid at no charge if and when the shudder returns.

·
Administrator
15,561 Posts
At 20,000 miles mine developed the shudder. My dealer did the flush, etc. with the old type fluid, the new fluid wasn't out yet. At 38,000 miles still OK, but figure the shudder will probably return this summer. My dealer gave me the impression that this was service bulletin matter and not a warranty limited matter. I'm expecting to do a flush/fill with the new fluid at no charge if and when the shudder returns.
That would be nice if and when you need it, but most TSBs don't necessary end up waiving the cost once out of warranty. However, since yours was treated already while under warranty, your dealer might put it through.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Question members......has anyone been able to have their transmission flushed under the "drive train warranty"???? Been told by dealer that it would have been covered under the bumper to bumper (3 year now expired) but its not covered under the drive train....cost is about 300 bucks and at least 2 days in the shop.
Like this member, I had the same thing done at about the same mileage.
"I have a 2015 Corvette Stingray and had the triple flush done last August because of the shudder problem. The mileage then was right around 14,400. It was covered under the powertrain warranty. I paid nothing."

I think there may have been an unannounced recall associated with this shudder problem. See if you can get it covered under that. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
Transmission shudder should be covered under the drivetrain warranty. That is, what, 5 years or 60,000 miles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my 2015 flushed under warranty with 58 mos. and 24k miles. Driveline issues are supposed to be 5yr./100,000.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You are correct! The drive train warranty is five years or 100,000 miles... Mine is up this coming June

1 - 11 of 11 Posts