Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Love it. And glad you did the corvette emblem too, that looks cool.

Reactions: Respek

·
Registered
631 Posts
It's looking great - can't wait for the whole car to be done!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Getting closer.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,102 Posts
Make sure the wing is solidly bolted on as there are some YouTubes where people put the big wings on and they snapped off and crashed car. Not trying to jinx you just be aware.

I can see a lot of people trying to mod cars to mimick the new ZR1 not understanding the ZR1 big wing is bolted into the frame of the car. Of course big wings have been on cars before the ZR1 but the number will likely grow and people won’t understand the risk of improper installation.

Once you get done then I look forward to my special order request from you.

Kyle

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,102 Posts
Looks Great and I like the yellowish tint placed on the headlights as it gives it a menacing look. I would suggest that you wrap the area I mocked up the last picture below to more mimic the Z07R front grille you could use the same wrap or even do in all white how I illustrated which frames it out nicely as well.

Job Well Done! So, on to my little project now, right?.....Right!!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Wow stunning amazing job sir. Now onto the track? Shows? Sunday driving..?

·
Registered
631 Posts
It looks great! I have seen a lot of wrap jobs and this is definitely the best by far! I'm pretty conservative with my own cars in terms of appearance, but I'd be thrilled to drive this one! Far cooler looking than I expected it to be. We'll done!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi Kgrant! That looks awesome!! Thank you very much for the idea! I am going to see if I have enough dazzle camo vinyl left to do it!

Also...starting back up on your project this Friday! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wow stunning amazing job sir. Now onto the track? Shows? Sunday driving..?
All of the above! Haha I am definitely going to enter her in some local shows also have my first track day scheduled for May 16 at Blackhawk farms in Beloit IL!

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,102 Posts
Text me as I got a new phone and lost the text trail. Not going to do the the horizontal piece just the frame around

Hi Kgrant! That looks awesome!! Thank you very much for the idea! I am going to see if I have enough dazzle camo vinyl left to do it!

Also...starting back up on your project this Friday! :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
All of the above! Haha I am definitely going to enter her in some local shows also have my first track day scheduled for May 16 at Blackhawk farms in Beloit IL!

You installed an actual wing and you're going to your first ever track day?

or first with this car?

A wing with the OEM front "splitter" is going to give you a rear grip bias in high speed corners and there car will have a tendency to push. You need to balance that with a considerably more aggressive front splitter. Perhaps even some dive planes to assist with turn-in.

Though if it's your first track day ever you won't have enough mid corner speed for the aero to be effective anyway.

Also by the looks of that airfoil it doesn't scream "effective" to me but I dunno would need to see CFD on it.

It does look pretty good, I don't have the patience for that at all.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts