Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Hi all...
I knew this may happen when I ordered the transparent top back in November. Weather was nice back then, but now here in Southwest Florida it is starting to heat up. 91 today! Used the On-star remote start from the Clubhouse at the golf course and the interior was still an oven when I got inside. Ran it for about 10 minutes and the A/C was set at 70. Crystal red was in the sun for about 5 hours, from 8am till 1pm. I guess I should have ordered the solid top when they told me I would have a long wait for the Carbon Fiber top.

Has anyone seen a shade available for the roof panel? I have seen them for the front windshield but not the roof panel (and ordered one today). I also saw that one of the aftermarket suppliers had one in their catalog for the C6. It was held up with suction cups. This afternoon I cut a piece of cardboard to stick up there for as temporary solution, but this is pretty tacky:p and I really don't want anyone to see it!

Need some suggestions for the HOT topic!:rolleyes:
Mark; I bet those seats were like frying pans! As a small help suggestion until you can block the sunlight: I carry two matching red towels that I lay in the seats of my convertible to keep them from getting too hot in direct sun.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went to a custom interior shop and was quoted mid 200's for custom cover wrapped in suede head liner to match my brownstone suede!! Will mount with suction cups... Probably will order....

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Administrator
15,017 Posts
I went to a custom interior shop and was quoted mid 200's for custom cover wrapped in suede head liner to match my brownstone suede!! Will mount with suction cups... Probably will order....

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Interesting solution. Should work well. If you get it please take some pics. :cool:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd try the blocker before the DI noc...more convienient....google 3m DI-noc, lots of places
Did the google today Glen..... Found tons of suppliers.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey Laguna...
I want, I want!!!
How far are you from Venice/ Sarasota? I will come there and order one with you. Sounds perfect.

I will PM you to get more info.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I saw some C7 transparent covers on EBay. Not sure what quality they are but you may want to check them out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hm... I wonder if this roof would be too hot for Virginia... mostly I think it would be fine but we do have some hot summers. :( I love the way it looks though! Planning for my 2015 C7 order later this year..... :cool:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hm... I wonder if this roof would be too hot for Virginia... mostly I think it would be fine but we do have some hot summers. :( I love the way it looks though! Planning for my 2015 C7 order later this year..... :cool:
I had an '84 with the blue roof. It was fine. But then again I was younger and all I cared is that I had a vette

·
Administrator
15,017 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
That looks like a Great shade solution, thanks Andrew6! I'll wait to see what some of the reviews on here will be, I'm ~30days from Delivery yet.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That looks like a Great shade solution, thanks Andrew6! I'll wait to see what some of the reviews on here will be, I'm ~30days from Delivery yet.
They've already started shipping so reviews should be out soon. The option for a discount with free shipping won't be around long though.

·
Registered
144 Posts
They've already started shipping so reviews should be out soon. The option for a discount with free shipping won't be around long though.
How long and how much would shipping be to 28906?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey Silverfox....
Why do you want one if you own both roofs? Kinda defeats the purpose.:confused:

I will buy your solid Crystal Red roof panel if you don't want it. I will also sell you this sunshade as well, because mine will be delivered via UPS on Monday. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

Mark D.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Silverfox....
Why do you want one if you own both roofs? Kinda defeats the purpose.:confused:

I will buy your solid Crystal Red roof panel if you don't want it. I will also sell you this sunshade as well, because mine will be delivered via UPS on Monday. PM me and let me know what you want to do.

Mark D.
Hey Mark, When I go to So Fla to visit my sons I'll only be taking the transparent one. SF

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey Mark, When I go to So Fla to visit my sons I'll only be taking the transparent one. SF
That's perfect SF.
I'll meet you down here, give you and install the sunshade on your transparent top, pay you cash for the solid top that you brought with you and we will both be on our way! Well, that is just a thought but if that doesn't fly.... let me give you a little tip....
If your are coming down here in the Summer.... use your solid top!! Just read this whole thread. It is brutal with the trans. top and why mess with the suction-cup sunshade when you don't have to?:confused:

JMHO

·
Administrator
15,017 Posts
I am pleased to report that the dot matrix film I installed in RedHot's panel http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/4281-transparent-panel-sun-guard.html works fantastically. Yesterday did a 340 mile drive that started in the mid 80s and ended in the 100 degree temps and the interior stayed very cool. As a matter of fact I was able to keep the interior temp setting 1 degree warmer than before the film install. A super easy and effective fix for about $16. :cool:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Why not use the suction cup interior head lining that they are making now for that roof? There is a thread on the forums where to order one. If I can find it again I'll link it.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Why not use the suction cup interior head lining that they are making now for that roof? There is a thread on the forums where to order one. If I can find it again I'll link it.

CPL Mo USMC Vet
Does the head liner with suction cups have a reflective material on the top-facing surface?

21 - 40 of 99 Posts