Stingray Corvette Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Oh yeah.... Rodney..... You are not bothering me!:rolleyes:

We are all here to have fun bustin' on each other once in a while. I see my testing has been getting some busting on it too!:p

·
Registered
144 Posts
Let's not forget the other test combinations to nail down the true effects. Interior color, body color, wind, no wind, latitude (might have to do some remote testing, Hawaii might be a good start), facing the sun, not facing, noon, various levels of tinted windows tinted windows, etc. :D:rolleyes:
and Don't forget to compare different days of the week! :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ordered this headliner a week ago and got 3 days ago. WOW! Was going to buy a $2000 roof panel. Not now. Suction cups work great. CANOT SEE ANYTHING FROM OUTSIDE. Perfect fit. Radio sounds better too. No brainer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Ordered this headliner a week ago and got 3 days ago. WOW! Was going to buy a $2000 roof panel. Not now. Suction cups work great. CANOT SEE ANYTHING FROM OUTSIDE. Perfect fit. Radio sounds better too. No brainer for me.
Red....
Exactly what I have been saying all along!
Thank you!

·
Registered
144 Posts
The price has Now gone up to $149.99, but still show Free Shipping in the Cart but Not on the item page as before.

·
Administrator
15,015 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Gary...
No movement at all with the windows down. But like Jeff says, this panel is not intended for multiple installs and uninstalls. The suction cups work so good that, I would think it would not be too good to be pulling them off very often. Also, install is tricky... as each cup starts to stick, re-positioning gets harder and harder. I like things perfect, so when mine is put on in the spring, I take a lot of time and care getting it to line up perfectly so that there are no gaps and it looks like a factory installed unit. Everyone who gets my Vette can not believe it did not come with the car.

My procedure for the past 3 years here in southwest Florida has been.... install it in April and remove it in November. Stored wrapped in plastic and laid flat on the floor under the bed! Works for me and still looks brand new!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just a thought for future reference when doing install of shade. I know that when I installed tint on my car years and years ago I used a watery substance. Maybe put a bit of soapy water or something on the suction cups to allow for you to adjust. The water will evaporate and you'll be able to install a bit quicker.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Good afternoon everyone. Since summer is in full swing and I have the transparent roof, I thought I'd resurrect this old thread. Over four years ago I bought the headliner with suction cups but never felt the need for it. Well, the summers here have been getting hotter and more humid and yesterday was really bad. Temps in the low 90's and dew points around 70°. My Stingray baked at the golf course for 4+ hours and because of construction, my trip home was several miles of stop an go traffic.

So this morning I installed the liner, ran some errands and left the car in the driveway for a few hours. Of course there is a noticeable improvement in cabin temps but an unexpected benefit is the liner reduces interior noise. Also, as others have posted the suction cups are not visible.

The drawbacks: obviously the liner eliminates the "open" feeling of the interior and it slightly reduces headroom (a concern for someone like me with my 6'6" frame).

20190702_140640.jpg

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Henry, glad to hear that this is working out for you. I have the transparent top on my C4 and always try to park it in the shade when I can because it gets so hot even up here in PA. My C7 has the matching color CF roof that does an excellent job of keeping things just a little bit cooler.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That was one of the first things I noticed with mine. Noise reduction!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Okay all Coupe owners..... Here's the deal....

If anyone wants one of these suction-cup headliners, send me an IM and I have one for you..... and it is FREE!

I traded my 2014 Coupe in on a 2019 Grand Sport convertible and did not want to give the headliner to the dealer. It is in excellent shape, hardly ever used.

Here's the catch.... You have to come and get it. NO... I will not ship... it even if you pay for the shipping. I would have to find a box large enough for it or have one made. I am not going through all of that for non-profit. That's why I never put it on eBay.

So if you live in my area or anywhere around Venice, Florida, or want to take a nice road trip.... It's yours, just come and get it. Venice is one hour south of Tampa.
(By the way.... see my above posts.... these things are great! and look great too.)

First reply-er gets it.

Mark

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have the same suction cup liner and love it. In the summer I just keep the solid roof on, but when the cooler weather comes around we switch to the clear roof and pop the liner in when parked or when the sun is right overhead (assuming the roof is on at all). Highly recommended!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts