Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I would make a thread to document my progress with my love affair! Also have to give major credit to Managerman's build thread, he was a major inspiration and I followed many of his ideas, with the help of his great write ups!

Here she is the day I picked her up from MacMulkin Chevy 11/11/16, flew in to pick up and then drove back to Chicago!
IMG_3306.JPG

1) first mod was adding a stinger stripe to the hood, purchased 3M 1080 metallic black vinyl and cut myself
IMG_3344.JPG

2) ACS zero7 side skirts in carbon flash. (Highly recommend ACS)
IMG_3382.JPG

3) ACS front splash guards
IMG_3627.JPG

4) Z51 fender vent stickers and steering wheel sticker vetteFX
IMG_3438.JPG
IMG_3439.JPG

5) gloss black locking lug nuts
FullSizeRender.jpg

6) black Jake racing skull valve stem caps with black painted nuts
IMG_3625.JPG

7) tinted side reflectors vetteFX
IMG_3558.JPG
IMG_3556.JPG

8) visor warning sticker black out with flags emblems
IMG_3475.JPG
IMG_3477.JPG

9) Zo6 front grill swap with cameras
IMG_3671.JPG

10) Zo6 stage one front splitter in carbon flash paint
IMG_3668.JPG

11) jacking pucks
IMG_3633.JPG

12) mobile 1 oil cap
IMG_3681.JPG

13) factory tow hook
IMG_3679.JPG

14) cargo hatch/trunk weatherstrip seal kit
IMG_3680.JPG

15) LED cargo area and license plate bulb swap

16) custom Chicago black hawks plate
IMG_3537.JPG

17) suntek clear bra for bumper, mirrors, headlights, splitter, and replacing factory piece behind the doors
IMG_3921.JPG

18) window tint
FullSizeRender.jpg

19) Lloyd's mats
IMG_3896.JPG
IMG_3948.JPG

20) Power Stop Z26 pads

21) Zo6 quarter vents
IMG_0452.JPG

22) Borla X-Pipe

1-22 complete, 23+ are possible future mods

23) Hood Jake racing skull

24) ACS rear spoiler winglets

25) rear splash guards

26) Red seat belts

FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Administrator
15,006 Posts
Nicely done Trent88! Looking forward to your continued updates :cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Car looks great. Just got my AW Vert back from Suntek wrapping and very pleased. I ended up doing most of the car it looked so good. Used the 10 year warrantied product.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Trent, you fine tuned your C7 masterpiece, mods well done!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered my red seat belts today! Also Llyods trunk mat showed up today! Suntek wrap is getting installed next Wednesday! I'm getting excited to start driving this beast again soon!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nicely done. Where did you find the visor warning sticker black out with flags emblems

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So today was the big day that I got Suntek Ultra on my front bumper, splitter, head lights, mirrors, and replaced the factory pieces in front of the rear tires. Rob at design shield and his assistant Paul did an absolute fantastic job today. Highly recommend these guys if you are in the Chicago area. Also my new power stop Z26 pads showed up today as well so swapped those out as well! (Only reason I chose these pads were to cut down on the brake dust)

IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3921.JPG
IMG_3924.JPG
IMG_3927.JPG
IMG_3929.JPG
IMG_3928.JPG

·
Registered
182 Posts
Trent88, somehow I haven't seen any threads regarding the "cargo hatch/trunk weatherstrip seal kit". Can you tell me more about this, i.e. Benefits, where, etc? Thanks, Harry.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, I purchased mine from RPI designs.

I just came across this in another thread and it seemed like a good idea, and is pretty inexpensive so figured why not. Just suppose to help keep dirt and grime from getting in the hatch area. If you check out the link they have some pictures and discription as well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Trent88,

How are the power stop pads compared to the carbotech 1521 which cost $350 and reduces brake dust according to buyers 75-90%. What is your experience on price, stopping, squeaking and brake dust elimination or minimizing dust.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I haven't actually had the chance to drive it with the new pads yet. Waiting for some better weather here in Chicago to put the insurance back on for the summer. But I read like 5 full threads on here and the other forum and easily came to 3 conclusions.
1. The power stop Z26 actually create less dust then the carbotechs. (Several people did side by side tests)
2. The power stops $120, carbotechs $350 (so no brainer)
3. Everyone who had tried the carbotechs and then switched to power stops loved them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Also made my own "bin buddy" $40 plus shipping seemed a little high to me.

The dimensions were kinda wonky, so made a few different templates out of card stock until I got it just right.

Then used some scrap racers aluminum sheet, bent it and then added some stick on felt from michaels. Matches quite nice and my total cost was under $2.

IMG_3788.JPG
IMG_3792.JPG

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally had a chance to get this beauty out for the first time this year!
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3947.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Looks sharp and I bet you enjoyed the first run of the season!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts