Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Added a few more mods!

First up was 25% window tint all the way around, and 5% windshield strip.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Also added Zo6 quarter vents today! Instal was pretty straight forward, followed some fellow members DIY info.
IMG_0452.JPG

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Trent, those Z06 quarter vents look great on your C7 masterpiece! It's summer time, break out that work of art and get some wheel time!

SF
Rick

Reactions: Trent88

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
IMG_4169.JPG
Borla X-pipe installed today. Was pretty straight forward swap. The lift was a huge help!

Haven't been able to drive it much since I installed but honestly haven't noticed much of a difference. Which is kind of a bummer, was hoping for a little more!

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you have NPP exhaust? I have one and want something little louder. Been thinking of doing the x pipe as well but I'm afraid it would be loud enough...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yes I have NPP. I was hoping that by deleting the factory secondary cats that it would open it up a bit more and make it louder as well. I haven't really given it a fair chance just yet, but first impressions are it's not much different.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,666 Posts
To me the X-pipe does not make it louder but gives it a more throatier sound and an idle that is just so pleasant to listen to. Loud doesn't necessarily mean more powerful. I know I did something right when I hear a non-Corvette car enthusiast say to another, "Listen to that, now that's a powerful engine". Oh I just get the biggest Sh Etn grin one could ever get...........;).

But put your foot into it a little bit, oh you'll hear it.........

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes I have NPP. I was hoping that by deleting the factory secondary cats that it would open it up a bit more and make it louder as well. I haven't really given it a fair chance just yet, but first impressions are it's not much different.
Trent,

Did you get more mileage with Borla x pipe? Any updates in how you like it, did the sound change at all?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I still haven't been able to drive it much since install. But like Norm said above I do think it has a morethroatier sound at idle, which I really do like. I will have to report back once I get some actual miles on the new X-pipe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I still haven't been able to drive it much since install. But like Norm said above I do think it has a morethroatier sound at idle, which I really do like. I will have to report back once I get some actual miles on the new X-pipe.
Sounds good, let me know when you get more time with it. I'm thinking of doing the same xpipe. I would like it to be louder at idle and when I step on it but since I take lot of calls while driving I can't have it too loud.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok so I've had the chance to drive it the last couple of days, and let me say I'm loving the new X-Pipe! It's not a lot louder exactly but just has a much better sound. Throatier and has more bark I think. And the cold start up is definitely louder/ more aggressive. So I would for sure recommend the X-pipe.

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
IMG_4404.JPG
Added this little mod, Wizgear from amazon, under $10 works great! Put one in my daily driver as well.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank you! The C7 is an amazing car in every way.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Does the base stick on with adhesive? If so, when the time comes to remove the base will it come off?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Haven't removed one yet, but says it's just 3M style doubled sided foam tape. So should be able to remove no problem.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
And Trent, is the wizgear magnetic?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes it is, sorry should have stated that. It comes with 3 thin metal plates to pick from, 2 have adhesive, but if you have a case on your phone you just place one in between the phone and case. Very strong magnet as well, so it stays in place nicely.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just booked my owners trip to Ron Fellows corvette driving school at Spring Mountain!!!

December 18-19

Beyond excited for this. I’ve read so many posts about how fantastic that place is and can’t wait to check it out for myself. I’ve also spent the last 17 years racing stock cars on asphalt oval tracks, but never had the chance to get on a road course. So this will be a dream come true!

·
Registered
121 Posts
?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Just booked my owners trip to Ron Fellows corvette driving school at Spring Mountain!!!

December 18-19

Beyond excited for this. I’ve read so many posts about how fantastic that place is and can’t wait to check it out for myself. I’ve also spent the last 17 years racing stock cars on asphalt oval tracks, but never had the chance to get on a road course. So this will be a dream come true!
You are going to love it and I can't wait to hear your comments vs the oval.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts