Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never saw a need for 2 trip odometers so, since new, trip odometer A has never been reset. Interesting to see after 4 years the total average mpg and average speed, both of which appear high to me.

trip odometer A.jpg

Anyone got any better numbers, mpg and avg. speed?

I can't be the only one to never to have reset one of their trip odometers. Seems a good idea. I'll keep doing this for all my future new cars.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Never thought of doing that but in hindsight, I wish I would have thought of it as it's a cool idea for a car like a corvette.

I just checked and both Trip A & B odometer and both have been reset and showing 16 mph average over the last 3500 miles so your 43 mph is almost 3 times my average for the last 3500 miles which I would assume wouldn't change for the other 10k miles as I drive it the same all the time and I never go in eco mode and haven't take any long trips of hundreds of miles.

I step on it every time I can when driving with ill-regard to wasting gas as I just want to get the adrenaline rush enjoy the power when I can so that might be it.

I never saw a need for 2 trip odometers so, since new, trip odometer A has never been reset. Interesting to see after 4 years the total average mpg and average speed, both of which appear high to me.

View attachment 272544

Anyone got any better numbers, mpg and avg. speed?

I can't be the only one to never to have reset one of their trip odometers. Seems a good idea. I'll keep doing this for all my future new cars.

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
I purposely have never reset one of the two trip odometers since I picked RedHot up from NCM. I'll get a picture in the next day or so, but my recollection is that the average fuel econ since day one is between 24 and 25 mpg. over the past 20+k miles. I had done the same thing on my XTS and then one time they did a software update and permanently eliminated the 2nd trip odometer (no idea why- nor did the dealership know), leaving only one (which I reset each time I fuel up).

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I do the same on all of my vehicles, except I use Trip B. It gives me an interesting historical look. Never thought about a software update doing an automatic reset. I guess that I would just have to trade off the vehicle at that point. lol

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
I do the same on all of my vehicles, except I use Trip B. It gives me an interesting historical look. Never thought about a software update doing an automatic reset. I guess that I would just have to trade off the vehicle at that point. lol
Unfortunately in the Caddy, the update did not do a 'reset' it fully removed the 2nd trip odometer, leaving only one odometer.

·
Administrator
15,034 Posts
Here is RedHot's as of this morning:

c JWDaum (1 of 1).JPG

As noted earlier, that is the average mpg since picking her up at NCM. It includes a lot of driving in the city, a number of trips, and many occasions of enthusiastic driving. She has never be in ECO mode since new.

·
Registered
240 Posts
For what it’s worth, the My Chevrolet App will show you Trip A as well as Lifetime MPG regardless of reset. I’m at 19.7 mpg at just over 2,500 miles on my ‘19 Z06.

·
Registered
631 Posts
2019 Z06, 1,211 miles, 17.1 mpg. In my defense, I was left unsupervised for much of the summer. This is about 2 mpg lower than I got on the Stingray over its 23,000 miles, but I'm relying on memory as the app no longer shows it (sold).

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Here's mine with a majority of interstate miles:

20190915_210912.jpg

I usually drive in sport mode and adding a supercharger subtracts about 2.5 MPG.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I reset Trip A every fill up. But I do leave Trip B for the life of the car. I don't know where it's at currently as car is in the shop. :(
Sorry to hear your car is in the shop.

I do the same as you, except I let Trip A accumulate for my entire trip to NV and back:

Staying in ECO mode for most of a 2600 mile trip helped my lifetime average MPG:

·
Registered
368 Posts
By the way, Marcho, I drove a car similar to yours at Spring Mountain last week.

Different wheels, but I do like the color combination.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts