Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove my triple black Z51, 3LT, Magnetic ride, performance exhaust, red calipers, black wheels, convertible home last Thursday and I still have a smile on my face.

The path to ownership was that of patience. Based on input from the forum (which is excellent), I ordered the car 10/16/13 with my list of options and sent in a refundable $1k. I didn’t order from a local dealer (I’m in Texas); I chose one of the top 3 dealers (noted on the forum) that have high allocations. As of 10/16, I was #17 on their allocation list for a convertible. A month later (11/21) I was down to #12, not much progress. As of 12/12 I had moved to #9. I patiently waited thru the Christmas / New Year shut down to find out (1/13) I am still #9. I really wanted a Museum delivery, so I planned to wait it out.

My youngest son (24) took the initiative to keep an eye out via the internet as to a car for sale similar to my options, AND he found one. A dealer in Dallas (only 200 limes away) had ordered the car a year ago. It was built 11/13, VIN 6931. The dealer placed a premium price tag to recoup (understandably) their investment and forethought. Lucky for me, no one took them up on their offer (estimated at $10k over sticker). So the car, sat waiting for a new owner.

I called the dealer, negotiated a deal (only slightly over sticker) and made arrangements to drive to Dallas to pick up the car.

I am exactly the average age of the C7 buyer - 61. This is my 4th Corvette - I love them. My sons love them. My oldest even bought a C6. And, my youngest totaled my C5 (I just had to share that bit of info). Both were unhurt, the only thing that worked on the car after the wreck was both of the doors (the cab was intact) - the Corvette is a great (and safe) car.

My family (wife and my 2 sons) all went to Dallas with me - everyone wanted to go. I was so excited; I didn’t sleep the night before.

Arrived at Earth Motor Cars, walk back into their warehouse and there she was! The nice thing was I got to spend as much time as I wanted to check out the body panel fits, the orange peel, the options, and made sure everything worked. Earth Motors was great.

A week later, the car now has 500 miles on it - 100+ of those miles with the top down. There are no problems, no rattles, no weird noises, no e-diff messages, and everything still works.

I am writing this from the airport in New York (it is snowing) and anxiously waiting to get back home. In the near future, I plan to find a way to get the car on the Circuit of the Americas track (20 miles from me) to permanently implant the smile on my face.

My car will be a daily driver, like my previous Corvettes. My last one had 200,000 miles and I still got comments as to what a great car it is (95 coupe).

Thank you for reading my story, thank you for your posts on the forum. For those of you that already have your new C7 (I love your pictures) - you know what it is like to have the best feeling in the world. For those of you still waiting - be patient, as everyone will say - it is worth it. You only live once - KEEP THE WAVE!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lipstick, thanks for your comments - all of them - keep them coming

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Administrator
16,583 Posts
Great write-up TripleBlk14 and welcome to our forum. Glad you ended up getting just want you wanted sans the Museum Delivery- hopefully next time :D since it is an experience not to miss. Post some pictures when you get home and a chance!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts