Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Craig, where were these pictures taken? How did you get them?

·
Registered
896 Posts
For me, they could be cars for Press testers...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I blew up the plate on the white Chevy in the parking lot. It appears to be a Michigan plate on it.

·
18,670 Posts
There coming, just,like the movie "Jaws," dum, dum, dum, ever closer to our futures!

And, of course, in the fastest color, Velocity Yellow (lol)!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes most likely Milford. Probably "Quality Build Check Cars".

My ZR1 had "Ship to Milford" on the build sheet and sold to "GM".

It then came to the West Coast as an Executive Pool car.

I got it when it was 9 months old and $20,000 off sticker with 5,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
There coming, just,like the movie "Jaws," dum, dum, dum, ever closer to our futures!

And, of course, in the fastest color, Velocity Yellow (lol)!
Oh YES! Ever so closer to our futures.... :) And I agree John, I think I read, No! Maybe someone told me once, I think it was the cousin of a friend of a friend said one Thursday evening that there's scientific proof that YELLOW provides less of a friction coefficient, therefore provides less wind resistance than any other color.... LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow that truck!!! Okay so here's the plan. We pay off the girl at the coffee shop counter when the truck driver stops for a double double. Then you bump into him, spilling his hot coffee all over him. Then quickly start mopping it off him with some napkins. While doing so lift the keys. Then you hand them off to me as I brush past. I take the truck to a nearby barn and after things cool off we sell 'em to the boys here on the forum:cool:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yellow cars function like yield signs. When a fast red car passes a slow yellow car they do it respectfully and yield the right-a-way to the slow yellow car. :cool:

·
18,670 Posts
Could be stage 2 cars, as ZR1's were shipped with splitter and side skirts in the cargo area, later attached at the Museum and at dealers due to transport issues. Perhaps, similarly, Z06 stage 2 & 3 Z's will be shipped without those three aero pieces attached?

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
None of the Z06 cars will be shipped with ground effects pkg installed. GM moves them around and maybe they were picked up close by to get some where quick. My gut feeling is testing at Milford or another undisclosed place in Michigan.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ladder in the picture leads me to believe the covers were possibly removed for his little photo session : )

1 - 20 of 40 Posts