Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I 'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to put on my non Z51 coupe. I want a cross hatch type wheel instead of a spoke like Chev is offering. Here is a quick Photoshop of the wheel. Will move to 19/20's like the Z51 package. This is also a black wheel, $350, with a machine face for additional pop. :

·
Registered
187 Posts
Those look so much better than stock, IMO. You went with the exact model as I am interested in. Did you mount the same brand/model of run flats on them? Also, what width are the front and rears? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those look so much better than stock, IMO. You went with the exact model as I am interested in. Did you mount the same brand/model of run flats on them? Also, what width are the front and rears? Thanks!
not run flats....

They fit perfectly, are concentric - and use the std TPMS sensor with no problems/alarms

front
TSW NURBURGRING 19x9.0 5/120.65 ET50 GUNMETAL W/MIRROR CUT FACE
Item Number: 1990NUR505121S70
rear
TSW NURBURGRING 20x10.5 5/120.65 ET65 GUNMETAL W/MIRROR CUT FACE
Item Number: 2005NUR655121S70

Used z51 sized tires - many to choose from
Tires, P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear, performance, run flat (STD)

·
Registered
187 Posts
not run flats....

They fit perfectly, are concentric - and use the std TPMS sensor with no problems/alarms

front
TSW NURBURGRING 19x9.0 5/120.65 ET50 GUNMETAL W/MIRROR CUT FACE
Item Number: 1990NUR505121S70
rear
TSW NURBURGRING 20x10.5 5/120.65 ET65 GUNMETAL W/MIRROR CUT FACE
Item Number: 2005NUR655121S70

Used z51 sized tires - many to choose from
Tires, P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear, performance, run flat (STD)
Thank you SO much for that information, Glen!

·
Registered
187 Posts
TSWs tend to be pretty heavy. I'm going to order a C7 convert soon. I put Enkei PF-01 s on my BMW. They're really light.
Good point. I wonder what the weight difference is with these TSW's and the non-Z rims. On the TSW website, they do show the weight of each rim, but I don't know what the vettes are.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Not sure where you are getting your info -Nurburgrings are light - my front wheel is 20# and my rear is 24#...extremely light in the scheme of things...

edmunds reports the z51 tire and wheels are 51# and 60#

if you take the tires out which are 29# and 34#, you get the stock z51 wheels are 22# and 26#

so the TSW 's are lighter....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not sure where you are getting your info -Nurburgrings are light - my front wheel is 20# and my rear is 24#...extremely light in the scheme of things...

edmunds reports the z51 tire and wheels are 51# and 60#

if you take the tires out which are 29# and 34#, you get the stock z51 wheels are 22# and 26#

so the TSW 's are lighter....
Bam! Glen you're awesome

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I just offer what I did. But no mod goes on my car unless carefully researched. These wheels and tires were not chosen by walking in a store and saying "I like those". I have a wheel shop in Ft lauderdale ( Elite Roads, Inc. Custom Wheels and Tires) that has done every car I've owned for 8 years with aftermarket, At that store, the sales guy I have is an expert. They carry many of the "expensive" wheels , and many that are not stratospheric in price. My criteria were just a few:

must be machine face as they stay clean
a cross web design to hide a bit of the painted caliper - love them, but spokes put them too much "in your face"
must fit perfectly per Chev specs-concentric
must not be heavy or any other specs that are radically diff than the z51 wheel.
tires and wheels have to be less than$3500 - paying 10K for wheels and tires is insane on a vette, IMO.

After Dave researched for a month, calling chevy tech, and some wheel techs, we were down to Cray, Ruff, TSW, Vossen or a few others.

Based on the fact that hundreds of guys have chosen the Nurb for their high hp camaros, I went with this wheel.

You may feel diff, buy what you like, I'm not selling anything here....

BUT..if I hit the lottery, I would not buy any of the expensive wheels I see so far on the sites ,it would be a D2 Forged if they would fit...they are breathtaking:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just offer what I did. But no mod goes on my car unless carefully researched. These wheels and tires were not chosen by walking in a store and saying "I like those". I have a wheel shop in Ft lauderdale ( Elite Roads, Inc. Custom Wheels and Tires) that has done every car I've owned for 8 years with aftermarket, At that store, the sales guy I have is an expert. They carry many of the "expensive" wheels , and many that are not stratospheric in price. My criteria were just a few:

must be machine face as they stay clean
a cross web design to hide a bit of the painted caliper - love them, but spokes put them too much "in your face"
must fit perfectly per Chev specs-concentric
must not be heavy or any other specs that are radically diff than the z51 wheel.
tires and wheels have to be less than$3500 - paying 10K for wheels and tires is insane on a vette, IMO.

After Dave researched for a month, calling chevy tech, and some wheel techs, we were down to Cray, Ruff, TSW, Vossen or a few others.

Based on the fact that hundreds of guys have chosen the Nurb for their high hp camaros, I went with this wheel.

You may feel diff, buy what you like, I'm not selling anything here....

BUT..if I hit the lottery, I would not buy any of the expensive wheels I see so far on the sites ,it would be a D2 Forged if they would fit...they are breathtaking:
I think you made a great choice in wheels… I’m looking at getting the Nurburgrings also. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts