Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read here somewhere on the forum that the fobs were numbered 1 and 2. Both my Fobs say '1'

The dealer says this is normal. Does anyone have insight into if this matters with the presets or not?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
If it's the same as older GM fobs I've had on cars with memory they come unlinked and you have to go though the link to memory process with each one if you want the return on open feature to work.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
The numbers are inside. Release the metal key from the plastic fob. The numbers are stamped up inside the metal key. Turn it over and look up inside the bottom of the metal key. Did you find them?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine are both #1 as well, I dont think the number on the key part means anything. If I remember the C6 fobs were marked 1 and 2 on the back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, thanks. I have two # 2s. I don't think the numbers mean anything. On the c6 we had, the fobs were stamped 1 and 2 on the outside of the fobs. You could program the car for each driver, depending on which fob you used. I don't see anywhere in the c7 manual that you can personalize the car for two different drivers.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I've posted this previously, in different words, but you actually have two #1 keys, not fobs....

The metal keys are only good for manually unlocking the car; and have NOTHING to do with the electronics (i.e. any memory settings). Unfortunately, the actual fobs are not identified one from the other....if you actually had keys labeled 1 & 2, nothing would prevent you from switching the fobs they are inserted in.....

I ended up (by simple trial & error) determining which fob corresponds to memory setting 1 and which to setting 2 - and labeled each accordingly with a label maker. I also bought rubberized jackets for the fobs that were two different colors, and use that to tell them apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts