Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I finally decided to remove my under hood liner. It had several areas of white water stains and at the recommendation of others, I sprayed the entire liner with high temperature flat black paint. It turned out great. I then installed the metal crossed flag emblem. I think it turned out great. I am very pleased with how it looks.

·
Administrator
16,233 Posts
Welcome to our forum MikeNorton and great job on the DIY hood liner! (y)

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
774 Posts
Looks like my twin! Welcome to the Forum!

View attachment 278974

I finally decided to remove my under hood liner. It had several areas of white water stains and at the recommendation of others, I sprayed the entire liner with high temperature flat black paint. It turned out great. I then installed the metal crossed flag emblem. I think it turned out great. I am very pleased with how it looks.
121CCEC4-04C1-4F7C-B9AA-A7F12D3B9A7E.jpeg

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
774 Posts
I just paid local independent body shop I believe $100 - $125. I don’t have a labor of love to paint it myself although I could have but just being lazy on that mod and valued my time more than to do other stuff instead of prepping and painting. 😂

Wow, yours looks great. Did you paint the scoop under the hood? It looks great, I didn’t think about doing that but it sure looks nice. What kind of prep did you do if any? Just clean well and spray with Arctic white or did you have to sand it?

Mike

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
These look nice. Out of curiosity, how does one remove the hood liner? With flat trim tools? Do the fasteners just pop out and do you have to remove the scoop first? And do you attach the emblem fasteners to the liner or the hood itself? Thanks--Bob

·
Registered
22 Posts
These look nice. Out of curiosity, how does one remove the hood liner? With flat trim tools? Do the fasteners just pop out and do you have to remove the scoop first? And do you attach the emblem fasteners to the liner or the hood itself? Thanks--Bob
I purchased a combination of 4 plastic tools from Napa (quite inexpensive) Used for trim removals. They are large push pins in the liner. Be careful not to gouge the liner which is easy to if not careful. The inside of the hood scoop (black plastic) needs to be removed. Don’t need to touch the intake grill. The emblem I’d glued and mini bolted in place. You really have to remove the liner to do the job properly but it’s not a big deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife bought the emblem for me as a Christmas gift.
69.95 I believe. The paint was high temp flat black engine paint from home depot. They also had grill paint but not the flat black I wanted but I’m sure either would have been ok. I just put on a couple of light coats and it covered very well,

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your emblem really looks great. Do the mini bolts also come with the emblem? I read somewhere that using the mini bolts is a good idea. What do you think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The small bolts with acorn nuts and washers did come with the emblem as well as epoxy packets. I used both as recommended. The liner was very easy to remove and the Installation was very easy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts