Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had no problem with my C7 seat belt. I think you got a lemon. You got a lemon law pamphlet when you bought the car. If this really pisses you off, make a claim against GM for a faulty vehicle. My guess is they will respond promptly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Poor customer service and lack of common sense, but in reality even with bumper to bumper - not EVERYTHING is covered...like tires and brakes, right!?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a 2017 Grand Sport with 8200 miles and a 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty expiration date of 11-27-20. On 10-29-19, I took it to Dave Gill Chevrolet in Columbus because the driver's seat belt quit retracting. I tried a few tips from this Forum but I couldn't fix it. The dealership fixed it and it now works easier than when it was new! When I picked it up, they handed me their invoice which said, "Found driver's seat belt was tangled at retractor. Removed B-pillar trim and untangled the seat belt." There were no parts replaced. However, they charged me $124.95 labor …even though it was still under the 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty! I asked them how a car under warranty could be charged a fee to fix something on the car that no longer worked and their response was, "It wasn't the seat belt retractor's fault." Since they still had my car and my key fob, I had no choice but to pay their bill before I could drive it home. I then sent an email to GM Customer Service relating the entire story. I quickly received an email confirmation from them saying they'd get back in touch with me soon. As of 11-9, I've heard nothing back. Am I missing something? Why wouldn't they have fixed the problem under warranty and returned my car to me with no charges? I appreciate any input you me offer.

Regardless of the reasoning for the charge, the dealer should have had the courtesy to inform you there would be a charge before they proceeded. At least they should have clarified their policy of covered vs. non-warranty service costs.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts