Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to put this out for discussion.

I am looking at a GS with a door kit that opens up. The car is valued at less than with traditional. Want to hear some feedback as to these kits and if they work and what you think about changing the car to a more euro look.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Just my humble opinion:

235035d1501239381-installing-bolt-lambo-doors-lambo-doors-so-played-out.jpg

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is totally up to you! No pun intended, but I waited and kept looking at some Corvettes done and decided last Winter to do mine. I have a 2016 Corvette convertible and did my conversion all by myself. It was a job but not that hard for a do it at home project. I am a mechanically inclined guy, old and retired now type of car person. I was on the fence for a long time about doing the door thing. Some people like them and some do not, but it is about YOU like. I don't care about others and their thoughts, it is my car and I enjoy it my way. Besides the conversion is not permanent, it can be switched back to fully stock. It does open similar to stock or you can open the doors up. Doors close like normal too. My wife and I are a bit older so the doors up are a bonus too. There tend to be some jealous people at shows due to the added attractions to the doors being different. It is your choice, enjoy your Corvette your way. I don't regret my choice, love the doors. IMG_1340.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. Your car is absolutely beautiful. Pristine. The blue and grey combo is stunning.
I appreciate the comments about getting in and out. I am no spring chicken either and sometimes getting in and out of the car is a chore.
I was wondering if I could give you a call and ask some specific questions. I have become a bit of a crazed Corvette head so I obsess a bit more than I should.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just chiming in here - and agree - it is entirely up to you- if you are buying a corvette for resale value, don't buy it. But it and drive it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love those Lambo doors! They look great. Wouldn't mind getting them on my '19 Z06. Why do they de-value the car, especially if they can open either way? Are they unpopular? Are they heavy to lift up and down?

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,101 Posts
I am of the belief that people should mod their car to what their taste are and you will always do whats best for you with "your" money. You will always have haters when you do something that someone else wouldn't do.

We are not monolithic in our thoughts and/or taste so mod based on what "You" like. It is ok for someone to say they don't like something but do it respectfully. IE: It's not my taste but your car looks nice! That said, I've always been on the fence with lambo doors as some has said that they are heavy to move and some get tired of the process to get in and out but that's of course isn't everyone's experience. "I" think that they aesthetically look nice and has nothing to do in trying to look like a lambo as it is like any other mod we do based on our taste.

Most all mods are reversible and that's why when people sell their cars they take them back to stock and sell the modded parts because mods don't add value on resale but many cases reduce the value. Do what "you" want and enjoy your mods and not care what others think about how you spent "your" hard earned money.

Lastly, the beauty about the C7 is that it is one of those cars that 'you" can make it your own and not look like every other C7 parked next to it. I just love to see the tasteful creativity that corvette owners have to make it their own in how it looks. When I first bought my car, I knew that I didn't want to look exactly like every other C7 so I modded over time!

Whatever you decide just enjoy "YOUR" beautiful car!

PS:

I just stumbled on this post on this forum from someone on their Lambo Door conversion exeprience and thought I would share. I think all companies are not equal so it is probably important to do the research of the company selling to make sure you get the best for you as well as talk to those who have done the conversion.

https://www.stingrayforums.com/foru...que-mod-have-you-done-your-c7-sets-apart.html

lambo.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts