Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can and UPR C7 Clean Side Separator installation is Extremely Easy considering we have taken the time to measure the lines and make this kit as close to a plug and play kit as possible.

UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can Description:

We have addressed installation issues by making pre-cut lines for our kits. Then we made sure all the lines are Black Goodyear Braided Hoses. Then finish them off with Black Billet Hose
Ends. Mounting The UPR C7 Catch Can is very easy to install with the supplied longer bolt and spacer for the install under the factory ground. Another nice feature is that we use UPR
Billet Aluminum Check Valves to ensure you are getting what you would expect and want to see on New C7 Corvette. ( Quality )

Also we use nickel fittings that will not fail or fracture like plastic and nylon store bought fittings.

UPR C7 Clean Side Separator System Description:

The UPR C7 Clean Side Separator also uses a custom UPR Billet assembly from the ground up and not just a plastic replacement oil cap that get drilled out and has the Separator pushed
in it. The UPR C7 Clean Side Separator was made to be a perfect low profile fit for the C7 and follows the OEM lines and can be routed over or under the throttle body to the factory
location on stock or aftermarket intakes. This line is a Goodyear Braided Hose cut to length for easy installation and finished off with Black Billet Hose Ends.

UPR C7 Corvette Dual Valve Catch Can and UPR C7 Clean Side Separator Installation:

(Make sure your engine is cooled down before starting the installation)

1. Remove the driver side cover with the corvette logo over the valve cover by gently pulling / lifting at the top of the cover.

2. Then you will remove the line with the quick release ends by pressing the whit clip in and releasing the hose on the ( intake
/ catch can exit ) just behind the throttle body and where it goes to the lower manifold / ( catch can inlet ) right below.

3. Remove the bolt from the large ground right above the steering knuckle on the driver side inner fender well. This is the one
that is ( JUST TO THE LEFT ) of the ground wire that is directly across from the spark plug wire.

4. Make sure the L bracket on your catch can is facing down. Then with the supplied spacer underneath the bracket line up the
ground wire and install the supplied longer bolt, lock washer and tighten in place where the lines have the straightest shot.

5. Now hold the pre-cut UPR C7 Braided Hoses in place to determine which line fits each location correctly.
Installation trick: Clean the factory connections with soapy water then dry.

6. Remove your factory or aftermarket air intake and drill it with a 9/16 drill and then install the supplied 3/8 x 3/8 barbed fitting.

(Make sure you have the UPR C7 Billet Hose Ends on the UPR C7 Braided Hose before you install them)

7. Hose Routing is very simple as the center of the UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can is the Intake / Entry point and then fitting to the
left and right of it are the Exhaust / Exit.

A. You will attach to the hose from the center of the UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can to the lower manifold just behind the throttle body.

B. Now you can attach the hose from the right of the UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can the upper manifold just behind the throttle body.

C. Now you can attach the hose from the left of the UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can the intake tube in front of the throttle body.

8. Remove the factory oil cap from your oil tank and install the UPR C7 Clean Side Separator Cam Lock Sleeve with a channel lock pliers
by turning clockwise and pressing down till it lock in place flush against the oil tank.

9. Now pour a little oil on the UPR C7 Clean Side Separator Cam Lock Sleeve and rub it 360 around the inner diameter and on the bottom
of the UPR C7 Clean Side Separator above and below the o-rings. Then install by pushing in it and rotate to the desired location.

10. Now you can run the UPR C7 Braided Hose from the UPR C7 Clean Side Separator to the factory connection either under the throttle
body or past it then across the air intake. (Make sure the UPR C7 Billet Hose Ends are installed)

Now you are all done and ready to start your engine and enjoy your new UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can and UPR C7 Clean Side Separator.

UPRproducts

Ask for Bryan or Tony

Direct Order line: 561-588-6630

New Dealers Welcome, ask for Bryan

·
Registered
3,666 Posts

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it, especially the beefy diffuser.

It can also be fully disassembled for a thorough cleaning, unlike some of the inferior cans on the market.

What's the reservoir volume?
----------------------------

Thank you for the compliment.

This UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can was designed to deliver exactly the performance you would expect from a product of this
quality. With some of the sludge that builds up in catch cans it's extremely important to be able to clean over time to be sure
it is always performing to the best of it's ability.

Important features incorporated into the UPR C7 Dual Valve Catch Can and UPR C7 Clean Side Separator Kit are listed below.

* 12oz. Capacity

* 6061-T6 Aluminum

* Fully CNC Machined

* UPR AN Inlet Fitting

* UPR Billet Hose Ends

* UPR Mounting Hardware

* UPR Nickel Outlet Fittings

* UPR Pre Cut Braided Hoses

* Serviceable Modular Design

* Standard 3/8" NPT Threads

* UPR 3/8" Nickel WOT Vacuum Fitting

* UPR Reversible Billet Mounting Bracket

UPR also offers a Single Valve Version Catch Can as well for non dry sump applications.

Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2nd,

Yes, it is the correct site. We are in the middle of re-doing it right now and to reflect all the GM items we currently sell and I have been working on new items for the C7
as well as all the Camaro items we offer. I have been trying to diversify UPR more since we have always owned and raced every brand of modern muscle. I am personally
waiting for the Z06 before I buy.

My son currently drives a 2010 2SS/RS since his 16th birthday.

Jakes Camaro.jpg

We have a big following in the MOPAR industry as well. That's why were in the middle of re-doing everything to reflect the platforms we handle better.

Joe

·
Registered
922 Posts
ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1410377100.907962.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1410377111.232822.jpg ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1410377120.088170.jpg

Ok, first pic shows two hoses feeding the air intake. The next two photos show what looks to be PVC valves feeding the two hoses going to the air intake. Wouldn't you need two hoses going to the catch can from the objects that look like PCV valves and two hoses going from the catch can to the air intake?

·
Registered
98 Posts
2nd,

Yes, it is the correct site. We are in the middle of re-doing it right now and to reflect all the GM items we currently sell and I have been working on new items for the C7
as well as all the Camaro items we offer. I have been trying to diversify UPR more since we have always owned and raced every brand of modern muscle. I am personally
waiting for the Z06 before

My son currently drives a 2010 2SS/RS since his 16th birthday.

View attachment 12485

We have a big following in the MOPAR industry as well. That's why were in the middle of re-doing everything to reflect the platforms we handle better.

Joe

I guess as a forum vendor you would rather talk about something else than answer a simple question of whether you have DIY video !

·
Administrator
15,574 Posts
I guess as a forum vendor you would rather talk about something else than answer a simple question of whether you have DIY video !
Ease back a bit please- perhaps he missed your one line post yesterday. Why not drop him a PM and ask?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ease back a bit please- perhaps he missed your one line post yesterday. Why not drop him a PM and ask?
Thank you for your suggestion. It might be a one line post but it was posted in the the thread that the vendor started." Perhaps" I think I know what the answer would be.
One can count the number of posts in this one thread.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Thank you for your suggestion. It might be a one line post but it was posted in the the thread that the vendor started." Perhaps" I think I know what the answer would be.
One can count the number of posts in this one thread.
A can installation is a very simple task, especially when detailed written instructions and photos have been provided.

If you need a video before you feel comfortable installing a can, you should have someone do it for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A can installation is a very simple task, especially when detailed written instructions and photos have been provided.

If you need a video before you feel comfortable installing a can, you should have someone do it for you.
Not everybody is handy or as highly educated, so asking if a DIY video is available (a simple "yes" or "no" answer would suffice) is wrong in your opinion ?

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sorry if I did not respond right away. I have not done a DIY video yet. I can say that this was one of the easiest kits I have ever installed and I am going to write a detailed instructional. Also I will be updating
images with descriptions in them to make the install go smoothly. I can also be PM'd anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I see it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm sorry if I did not respond right away. I have not done a DIY video yet. I can say that this was one of the easiest kits I have ever installed and I am going to write a detailed instructional. Also I will be updating
images with descriptions in them to make the install go smoothly. I can also be PM'd anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I see it.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
15,574 Posts
Not everybody is handy or as highly educated, so asking if a DIY video is available (a simple "yes" or "no" answer would suffice) is wrong in your opinion ?
I don't think it is a matter education as much as having a video can sometimes make it crystal clear. It is almost like having someone right there with you when you are attempting something for the first time. Makes good sense to me, especially when working on you baby.:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't think it is a matter education as much as having a video can sometimes make it crystal clear. It is almost like having someone right there with you when you are attempting something for the first time. Makes good sense to me, especially when working on you baby.:cool:
TQ for simplifying what I wanted to express but did not.

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
C7 PCV Hose Removal 4-1k.jpg

1. UPR C7 OEM hose removal for clean side on top and the dirty side on the bottom ( Squeeze the rectangular clip on connector to release hose connection )

C7 PCV Hose Locations 5-1k.jpg

2. UPR C7 OEM hose removed showing the clean side on top and the dirty side on the bottom up close

C7 WOT Hose Location 6-1k.jpg

3. UPR C7 Location to drill and install Wide Open Throttle vacuum connection above throttle body on stock and aftermarket intakes

C7 Mounting Bracket 7-1k.jpg

4. UPR C7 mounting location for UPR Catch Can with supplied bolt and spacer

C7 Mounting Bracket 8-1k.jpg

5. UPR C7 Connections for UPR Braided Hoses with UPR Billet Hose Ends

C7 Hose Connections 9-1k.jpg

6. UPR C7 Catch Can Hose descriptions for UPR Dual Valve Catch Can

C7 CSS Hose Delete 16-1k.jpg

7. UPR C7 Oil Sump hose removal for UPR Clean Side Separator Install

C7 CSS Base 10-1k.jpg

8. UPR C7 for UPR Clean Side Separator Base Mount

C7 CSS Install 11-1k.jpg

9. UPR C7 Clean Side Separator Installed

C7 CSS Install 12-1k.jpg

10. UPR C7 Braided Hose routing on passenger side

C7 CSS Hose Install 13-1k.jpg

11. UPR C7 Braided Hose routing on driver side

C7 CSS Hose Install 14-1k.jpg

12. UPR C7 Complete Clean side Separator Installed

C7 CSS Hose Install 15-1k.jpg

13. UPR C7 Complete Dual valve Catch Can and Clean side Separator Installation

Let me know what you think of the info posted for any questions.

Still working with a friend for installation videos on both the sump and non sump C7's

Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts