Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm running into following issue. I used small USB drive with some songs which got indexed. I bought new bigger USB thumb drive loaded different songs and put it in. The problem is the vehicle did not clear out indexes from old USB drive and keeps trying to play them. It plays a second or two of song of old USB, can't find it and moves to next song and keeps going.

How can index or memory of old USB be cleared out??

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
take the old USB and reformat/erase it...put it in and let it find nothing..then try the new one and it will re-index and work fine....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a more basic problem - my flash drive is not detected by the infotainment system at all. Have tried both usb 2 and 3 16g and 32g drives with mp3 and AIF formatted music files downloaded from PC. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a more basic problem - my flash drive is not detected by the infotainment system at all. Have tried both usb 2 and 3 16g and 32g drives with mp3 and AIF formatted music files downloaded from PC. Anyone have this issue?
Yes I had the same problem. I reformatted the flash drives from NTFS to FAT32 and it works now.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes I had the same problem. I reformatted the flash drives from NTFS to FAT32 and it works now.
All of my USB ports aren't recognized (they are good for charging only) and even the SD in the center console! The PDR SD works.

I have a bad Vehicle Communications Interface Module (VCIM) that is part of a possible TSB or recall for a manufacturing defect.

Hopefully all of my systems will be functioning soon. I've only had mine since Thanksgiving. Tough to pay $77k+ and not be able to truly enjoy it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
All of my USB ports aren't recognized (they are good for charging only) and even the SD in the center console! The PDR SD works.

I have a bad Vehicle Communications Interface Module (VCIM) that is part of a possible TSB or recall for a manufacturing defect.

Hopefully all of my systems will be functioning soon. I've only had mine since Thanksgiving. Tough to pay $77k+ and not be able to truly enjoy it.
I hope you are able to get that all resolved soon. I currently have my iPod connected, Christmas music on a USB flash drive and Transformer sound effects on an SD card. It all works well together through the media menu. And yes, I use the Transformer sound effects to crack myself up and/or make my wife roll her eyes - whichever has the most entertainment value at the time.

Reactions: ALF01 and stevette

·
Registered
2 Posts
Happy ending for my USB connectivity issue. A post on another thread had suggested the problem might be specific to SanDisk drives, because of a proprietary security feature. Switching to a Toshiba drive solved the problem. I use lossless rather than mp3 files. As stated in the user manual, the infotainment system reads lossless "AIF" format files. Because I keep my music is in another lossless format on my hard drive, I convert formats while writing to the USB drive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My issue right now is I have (3) Sandisk sticks in all 3 of my USB ports and although it plays music from one of them apparently I have no way of knowing which one it is. The display simply says USB as the source but not which one and gives me no way to switch between them. All 3 are Sandisk's and I'm not looking forward to replacing them. I believe all my files are mp3 as I had no idea what format to use initially. Not sure where to start to look for a resolution really. Formatting of sticks? File types? WTF?

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I use a single 64 gb stick, so I'm not sure but I think the infotainment system "combines" all songs on the USB sticks into a single source called "USB".

You'll need to plug the sticks into a home computer to see what songs you've got, and then see if your C7 reads each stick.

Also, just because an MP3 file has the name "song.mp3", if it has no metadata (aka tags) your C7 won't see it. http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/10198-time-tune-up-your-tunes.html
--------------------------
UPDATE
I plugged in a 2nd USB (I'm a curious boy), and the infotainment system labelled it as USB2, and you can select it using the Media button or the steering wheel controls. The songs are not combined as I originally guessed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had actually considered that the system may combine all the sticks into one so to speak but wasn't sure. I'm planning on taking your advice on the Tag&rename as well. I will have to investigate the fact the system recognized your second stick as well. Thanks for the tips Mobius!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I had actually considered that the system may combine all the sticks into one so to speak but wasn't sure. I'm planning on taking your advice on the Tag&rename as well. I will have to investigate the fact the system recognized your second stick as well. Thanks for the tips Mobius!
No problem. If you need any tips on using Tag&Rename, post them to this thread --> http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/10198-time-tune-up-your-tunes.html and I'll answer them in that thread as well.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
75 Posts
So I've discovered while scrolling through with the Media button just as you mentioned you were doing that the System does switch among all (3) of the USB sticks but they are not identified in any way as being 1, 2 or 3. It just became obvious as the songs were changing and as I went all the way through the different media options I came right back around to the same 3 spots once again. I'm trying to figure out if there is any way I can identify each one individually but if not no big deal. The Tag and Rename project will be a lengthy on as these 3 sticks make up about 10,000 songs give or take. It would be great if T&G allowed you to go to a specific location and only work on that content then I would just plug a stick in and work on them one at a time but I have yet to discover if it allows that. It seems to locate ALL of your song content when you first open the program. So far I'm just happy to be accessing all 3 sticks in the Stingray so it's all good so far. Onward and upward!

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
So I've discovered while scrolling through with the Media button just as you mentioned you were doing that the System does switch among all (3) of the USB sticks but they are not identified in any way as being 1, 2 or 3. It just became obvious as the songs were changing and as I went all the way through the different media options I came right back around to the same 3 spots once again. I'm trying to figure out if there is any way I can identify each one individually but if not no big deal.
The individual USB sticks are numbered based on their order of insertion, and the three USB sticks can be seen using the audio controls with the DIC (ref. Audio selection at 0:55, and Radio/Media selection at 1:30 in the video). The Infotainment screen just says "USB", and not the USB number, as you point out.
Here's what I see under Radio/Media with three USBs installed:
IMG_20150725_130609.jpg
Personally, I find using a single USB stick (a 36Gb stick, with over 4,000 songs taking 20Gb of space) to be the least confusing.
So I've discovered while scrolling through with the Media button just as you mentioned you were doing that the System does switch among all (3) of the USB sticks but they are not identified in any way as The Tag and Rename project will be a lengthy on as these 3 sticks make up about 10,000 songs give or take. It would be great if T&G allowed you to go to a specific location and only work on that content then I would just plug a stick in and work on them one at a time but I have yet to discover if it allows that. It seems to locate ALL of your song content when you first open the program. So far I'm just happy to be accessing all 3 sticks in the Stingray so it's all good so far. Onward and upward!
T&R does allow you to go to a specific USB drive, and then to specific folders on the drive. I'll post those instructions in this thread: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/10198-time-tune-up-your-tunes.html

Reactions: rettop

·
Registered
75 Posts
Awesome info Mobius, I'll check back in for the next installment, thanks again!

Reactions: Mobius
1 - 14 of 14 Posts