Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the USB port inside the cubby behind the Info screen powered on all the time?
I am thinking of putting an old iPhone in there to use with a front facing parking camera, but I do not want a constant draw on the battery, even if it is a small one.
Thanks

·
Administrator
16,832 Posts
I believe that the only 'powered all the time' accessory port in the C7 is the one located in the right (facing forward from the rear bumper) rear of the trunk.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that the only 'powered all the time' accessory port in the C7 is the one located in the right (facing forward from the rear bumper) rear of the trunk.
After I posted my question, I left the phone plugged in and after the ignition was turned off, the green battery charging indicator on the phone stayed green, I set the phone to never turn off , got out closed the door and it stayed green on the charging indicator. Left the car set for about 10 minutes went back out and the green charging indicator was off, so that intuitively tells me the port shuts off after some time delay.
Would like to know that is the case from some technically savvy source, but jsvette it looks like your initial assessment is correct, thanks.

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, 3LT, Z51, MSRC and more
1,052 Posts
Yes, the C7 has a battery saver feature that shuts off all lights/accessories except for the one in the rear cargo area. It is mentioned in the Owners Manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the C7 has a battery saver feature that shuts off all lights/accessories except for the one in the rear cargo area. It is mentioned in the Owners Manual.
Thanks, I should have consulted the manual.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had an iPOD plugged in that cubby port, but I also keep my Z06 on a battery tender when its in the garage. I don't think an iPhone would draw much if you set it up correctly to minimize power useage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the USB port inside the cubby behind the Info screen powered on all the time?
I am thinking of putting an old iPhone in there to use with a front facing parking camera, but I do not want a constant draw on the battery, even if it is a small one.
Thanks
I have a Garmin GPS in the cubby hole powered by the USB port. It does turn off after a delay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Garmin GPS in the cubby hole powered by the USB port. It does turn off after a delay.
Thanks, that is what I learned also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts