Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very nice 2015 C7 stingray coupe, 2LT Torch Red, 22K miles, Auto (8 speed) in near perfect condition. Actually I can't think of anything that it needs. Recent full service, always garaged w.car cover. Tires good (presumably 2nd set since new)

I planning to sell it, but not sure what to ask, or what it's worth. I love the car, but with the shortage of new cars and associated high prices on nearly everything I don't want to insult anyone or to receive crank calls.

There aren't many others around here (Seattle). Most advertised seem to be Z16, GS, etc.

I am 2nd owner, age 77, clean CARFAX On the C7, (not me)

As background, my last car was a '07 C6, I've had 4 Porsches, 3 Alfa Romeos, Worked n sales for 2 different Ferrari dealers and was General Manager of a Ducati franchise before retirement. Not bragging, just trying to prove by example that I'm a bonafide car guy.

What would something like mine sell for in your area?

I'm simply finding the C7 to be a little too mch car for me...

Would greatly appreciate some advice. Thank you

·
Administrator
17,298 Posts
Your best bet would be to take it to CarMax, Zoom, Kelly Blue Book dealer, etc. and see what they will offer you. The pricing in the market is fickle and while still over inflated compared to previous used car markets, The value of used C7s (and in fact, most used cars) has been slowly coming down over the past few months.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Your best bet would be to take it to CarMax, Zoom, Kelly Blue Book dealer, etc. and see what they will offer you. The pricing in the market is fickle and while still over inflated compared to previous used car markets, The value of used C7s (and in fact, most used cars) has been slowly coming down over the past few months.
Jeff is right--Google is your friend. But I think the market has softened quite a bit. At a specialty car dealer near me, I just today saw a 2017 C7 Z06 advertised for $57,500. It is Admiral Blue, has 8,600 miles, 2LZ, A8 automatic and lacks the Z07 package (a plus to me). Clean Carfax and expertly detailed by the seller (whose name is The Last Detail, a very reputable dealer.). About the same spec as mine but a year newer with fewer miles (I have about 25k), so I am disappointed about what mine might be worth. Fortunately, no plan to sell yet despite being about your age and without, as you note, a clean carfax on me. Good luck with the sale. --Bob

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a very nice 2015 C7 stingray coupe, 2LT Torch Red, 22K miles, Auto (8 speed) in near perfect condition. Actually I can't think of anything that it needs. Recent full service, always garaged w.car cover. Tires good (presumably 2nd set since new)

I planning to sell it, but not sure what to ask, or what it's worth. I love the car, but with the shortage of new cars and associated high prices on nearly everything I don't want to insult anyone or to receive crank calls.

There aren't many others around here (Seattle). Most advertised seem to be Z16, GS, etc.

As background, my last car was a '07 C6, I've had 4 Porsches, 3 Alfa Romeos, Worked n sales for 2 different Ferrari dealers and was General Manager of a Ducati franchise before retirement. Not bragging, just trying to prove by example that I'm a bonafide car guy.

I've found the best way to get the best price is either an eBay or BaT auction. eBay is a little more flexible. I start the auction of on Sunday night 9PM EST, run 7 day. Start at $2.00, but put a reserve at or around KBB's dealer price. the bottom fender will get the bidding going then the real buyer will kick in. Block anyone with out a purchase will in a year.
I've sold two Vette and a couple other cars this way getting over KBB on all cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I had a 2015 Midnight Race Blue 1LT, Chrome rims, enhanced exhaust, 7 speed. Ordered it new in March 2015 and took possession in July 2015. List was just under $63,000, bought it for just over $55,000. Sold it back to the dealer in November of 2021 with 2900 miles on it. They gave me $52,000 after six years! If they want it or have a buyer for it, they will pay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found the best way to get the best price is either an eBay or BaT auction. eBay is a little more flexible. I start the auction of on Sunday night 9PM EST, run 7 day. Start at $2.00, but put a reserve at or around KBB's dealer price. the bottom fender will get the bidding going then the real buyer will kick in. Block anyone with out a purchase will in a year.
I've sold two Vette and a couple other cars this way getting over KBB on all cars.
Thank you. Interesting advice and much appreciated. I am hopeful that I can use my car as a trade-in and therefore take advantage of some tax advantages.Here in Washington State (as I suspect may be true in others) when you trade in a car on another, the sales tax is based on the difference between the agreed upon trade value abd the agreed cost of the new vehicle. In other words, if one is allowed $10,000 in trade against a car offerred at $30,00, sales tax is applied to the difference. Selling it outright,on say on Ebay or BaT may be a good way to go, but I still need something to replace my C7.
If I can't reach a fair deal with a local dealer then at least I can walk away. I have some hesitation over even selling my C7 so am not going to give it away nor sell it without driving away in a replacement car. FYI I'm considering Mazda or Subaru as Chevrolet doesn't seem to offer anything as a suitable replacement...

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I'm just looking at Corvettes, in addition to some of the sites already listed, I use ChevyUSA and then filter your request to what you are looking for. This will bring up all new & used cars at all the Hendricks dealerships in the country. They usually have a good selection of used Corvettes, currently about 76. The prices listed is negotiable and my dealer says they will come down between 10-15% of price listed.. FYI, they had 2 -2015 Stingrays that were listed at 48.900.

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,927 Posts
$57,500 seems very low for a 2017 C7 Z06 with 8.6k miles where these listed for sale for an average price of around 75-80k for 2LZ C7 Z06 depending on mileage and package.

Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Light
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Motor vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Jeff is right--Google is your friend. But I think the market has soften quite a bit. At a specialty car dealer near me, I just today saw a 2017 C7 Z06 advertised for $57,500. It is Admiral Blue, has 8,600 miles, 2LZ, A8 automatic and lacks the Z07 package (a plus to me). Clean Carfax and expertly detailed by the seller (whose name is The Last Detail, a very reputable dealer.). About the same spec as mine but a year newer with fewer miles (I have about 25k), so I am disappointed about what mine might be worth. Fortunately, no plan to sell yet despite being about your age and without, as you note, a clean carfax on me. Good luck with the sale. --Bob

·
Registered
2017 Corvette Racing Yellow 2LT A8
6 Posts
Jeff is right--Google is your friend. But I think the market has soften quite a bit. At a specialty car dealer near me, I just today saw a 2017 C7 Z06 advertised for $57,500. It is Admiral Blue, has 8,600 miles, 2LZ, A8 automatic and lacks the Z07 package (a plus to me). Clean Carfax and expertly detailed by the seller (whose name is The Last Detail, a very reputable dealer.). About the same spec as mine but a year newer with fewer miles (I have about 25k), so I am disappointed about what mine might be worth. Fortunately, no plan to sell yet despite being about your age and without, as you note, a clean carfax on me. Good luck with the sale. --Bob
Not to call out anything... but that price for a low miles, admiral blue Z06 seemed extremely amazing and peaked my interest that you mentioned. As in, I would be buying ASAP! :D I found what looks to be that car you mentioned... but the price was listed at $82,500. I assume the $57,500 was for a different car. Now the Z06 is pending sale.

Stingray prices definitely seem to be softening a bit...for the C7. I've seen very nice low miles starting to be listed around $48-mid 50Ks. The GS and Z06 prices seem to be holding pretty good from what I can tell? Although these could be more regional prices in the Midwest? I would say, I'm speaking low mileage, 1 or maybe 2 owner, CLEAN cars. I've seen higher mileage C7s that look like have seen serious track duty for much less...

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,927 Posts
National Search for 2015 C7 Stingray 2LT Auto
Automotive parking light Light Product Car Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,927 Posts
I was trying to find it and will purchase today if it is available....let me know if some finds it....

Not to call out anything... but that price for a low miles, admiral blue Z06 seemed extremely amazing and peaked my interest that you mentioned. As in, I would be buying ASAP! :D I found what looks to be that car you mentioned... but the price was listed at $82,500. I assume the $57,500 was for a different car. Now the Z06 is pending sale.

Stingray prices definitely seem to be softening a bit...for the C7. I've seen very nice low miles starting to be listed around $48-mid 50Ks. The GS and Z06 prices seem to be holding pretty good from what I can tell? Although these could be more regional prices in the Midwest? I would say, I'm speaking low mileage, 1 or maybe 2 owner, CLEAN cars. I've seen higher mileage C7s that look like have seen serious track duty for much less...

·
Registered
13 Posts

I agree it is very low. I'm considering selling my 2016 Z06 3LZ and have been checking a few places. It's a 7M, Midnight Race Blue with 9800 miles. I checked Hendricks about a month ago and he had 15 2016 Z06s. If they had less than 10k, they were asking between 85-96k. Prices have dropped quite a bit in the last week or two possibly because Chevy stopped taking C8 Z06 orders. People holding onto what they own until that ordering fiasco gets straightened out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you all who sent me the information I was hoping to receive. Can't tell where all of the replies originated, but it appears C7 Stinrgays are priced about what they are in the PNW. That gives me a lot of confidence that what I'm hoping to get for mine is market correct.

Must confess I was surprised that the ZO6's were worth so much more...

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Don't know what the situation was about the pricing on the 2017 Admiral Blue Z06 I saw. It was, when I looked, listed at $57,500 which I agree sounded very low. If they had made a mistake and corrected it to $82k that would make more sense. And it makes me feel much better about my car's value, which I had thought was higher that $57k. My guess is that the extra low price generated a lot of interest and they were able to sell it fairly quickly even if at a higher price. Despite the mistake, I have known the owner of the Last Detail for many years and know he is a reputable guy. I am confidant the new owner got a great car and he should be very happy with it. --Bob

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’m almost embarrassed to suggest Craig’s List. I sold our’14 C7 M7 using that, and it generated more interest there than Car Gurus did. I was surprised. Didn’t use anything else. Took considerable care to filter replies!

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
BandT sold a 2014 C7 Limerock Green with 189 mi for $82K. That color brings in premium prices.
The color is definitely a plus, but I would tend to think that 189 miles had more to do with the high price. --Bob

Reactions: jsvette
1 - 19 of 19 Posts