Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure about DIY but my XPEL installer says the film should be done after the splitters are installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Installers prefer most parts to be installed as it is easier to work with the xpel in cutting and shaping because you don't have to figure out how to hold the part in place to install. Look at this way, if you were installing it, would you prefer to do it laying across a table or mention or have it stationary on the car!

Not sure about DIY but my XPEL installer says the film should be done after the splitters are installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I've not used it but have done some pre-cut striping that turned out great. If you want to try to use it, they are probably the best since they are pretty well hidden. Post some pics after you do it, but make sure the car is clean and the environment you do it is also clean since that is what the pro installers usually do.

i thought about going this route for the clear bra, but opted for professional installation since the front end is much more visible than side skirts. The last thing I wanted was to have it come out like crap and then have to remove it and either try again or have a pro do it, especially on the Vette.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts