Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I use a flashdrive to transfer my Itunes Playlists only, not songs or albums, and will I be able to scroll the playlists on the screen? I only want to listen to my music by playlists, as I do on my Ipod classic. I wanted to use a flashdrive in the C7 so I would just leave it plugged in;I don't want to leave my Ipod in the car all the time. Thanks

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
My I tunes account wil not allow me the transfer to a flash drive. I am sure the vette will accept the drive--I don't know how to transfer the songs. So I would like some knowledge also. cutnout aka Charlie

·
Registered
35 Posts
You music should be stored on your computer in a folder other than just in iTunes.
Look for mp3 files. Also there is software that is free that can transfer iTunes songs into mp3s.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pm me if you want more info.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I just pull up iTunes, hit edit-select all- copy, then open my USB and hit paste, they all transfer....
LOL, sometimes things so simple are easily missed. The last time I thought about moving songs to an SD card was 5 years ago. Back then I was on a Windows machine and all the purchased songs were protected, there was no easy way to export, you had to use a program that played the song, captured the output and recreated it as an .mp3. When Apple unlocked all the music I thought about moving them again but the iPod Nano is just so convenient I never bothered.

I just tried your method on my Mac and it works perfectly. You don't get the playlists but you get everything else, artist, album, name, everything. I'm working on some formatting for playlists but damn, this is just too easy...... THANKS for pointing out the obvious and I'm embarrassed considering what I do for a living.

Reactions: Butch

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that flash drives and sd cards are just too damn complicated, so I'm just going to buy another Ipod to keep in the vette. All I do is plug it in the laptop and with a few clicks, all my music is on the ipod including playlists;it's just more expensive.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just pull up iTunes, hit edit-select all- copy, then open my USB and hit paste, they all transfer....
I must be missing something. But I will keep at it. cutnout aka Charlie
The USB will allow ease of use and free up the hidden compartment where I keep the I-pod

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I did it---I did it and it worked thanks to Glen very simple instructions. I used a drive called HEXBUG and when I called up my media the screen said HEXBUG. hoorah Charlie aka cutnout

·
Registered
765 Posts
1. How does the interface look when playing MP3's via USB or SD card compared to via an iPod?

2. Do you get the album art?

3. Other than losing playlists, are there any other differences?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,656 Posts

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Given that the Gracenotes work sporadically, that would seem to indicate the OS has the capability. I think excellent new programmers would probably do GM a world of good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts