Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick tutorial to take some of the mystery out of creating and using playlists for the Stingray Infotainment system. Same format that you are used to seeing from me with basic step by step information and pictures to illustrate each step of the process.

I replied to a member's question about this process last night and thought it might be a good idea to get it in to a PDF as I get approached from time to time by owners with questions about playlist functionality.

There is all ready a fantastic tutorial by member mjw930 done for the Mac and you can find it here:

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-how-s-guides/6119-transfering-itunes-music-usb-playlists.html

Please note, This PDF is written for Windows PC users. This assumes you have iTunes and some music present in your iTunes Music folder. This is for creating custom playlists of songs or to play a complete album in order (classical musicians rejoice) as you can play the songs in the order the composer intended. This is for use with a SD card or USB media drive. Also note If you have playlists sync'd to your iPhone or iPod you won't need this as the MyLink system will natively support those playlists directly from the device when hooked up via the USB cable.

You can download it from my website here:

The Red Lion II

Select the Seventh Generation link, Select Navigation and scroll down the page to find it. It is a PDF document that you can click to open or right click to save as.

Paul

·
Registered
110 Posts
An eclectic playlist for sure! "All About That Bass" and "American Pie?" Sounds like a 50 year old guy with a 16 year old daughter to me. I should know. I'm fairly used to changing the XM radio in the car back to Classic Rewind from Hits1.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm glad that I found this thread... Last year, I put some Itunes music on a sd card. I didn't remember how I did it. Well I was up to 3:00 AM trying to download and then trying it in the car. Today, I follow the PDF from Red Lion II. It worked like a charm. Thank you Paul...
One question...When I want to put new music on the SD card, Do I do the entire procedure over again or just change the directory destination on the new music?
Thanks again.....
Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad that I found this thread... Last year, I put some Itunes music on a sd card. I didn't remember how I did it. Well I was up to 3:00 AM trying to download and then trying it in the car. Today, I follow the PDF from Red Lion II. It worked like a charm. Thank you Paul...
One question...When I want to put new music on the SD card, Do I do the entire procedure over again or just change the directory destination on the new music?
Thanks again.....
Bob
Greetings Bob,

There really is no "easy" way to update an existing playlist in use on the MyLink system. If you are comfortable with simple text edits and know the names of the files that you added (with the correct syntax) to the playlist, you can simply go to your media (SD Card or USB) and make the additions manually with MS Word or Notepad. Or, you can go in and just export and edit the file with the new songs added to it and replace the file already in use on the media device.

One trick to shortcut the first option is to create a new playlist with just the new music added to it, export and edit that file to remove the PC file structure from the beginning of the song name and then copy and paste that edited information to the already created file on the media.

Hope that helps.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts