Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving, the system will not allow me to enter an address for Navigation. Only when Im stopped or through voice commands. Does anyone know how to disable this safety feature? Is this something I can do in settings, or does a dealer need to do it, or can it even be done? Thanks

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
cant be done, it's a agreement thruout the industry, while you have the free onstar, hit the call button, read them the address and they will send it to your nav in 60 seconds...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I may have to hold off throwing away my Garmin GPS afterall.... thats too bad

·
Registered
74 Posts
yep that sucks on the Audi s5 i traded in they allowed you to input while driving after you clicked the i know i shouldnt be doing this button. I'll have to try the voice commands and see
if that works.

·
Administrator
16,506 Posts
My XTS CUE system doesn't allow the driver to do it but the front passenger can. The system detects which direction the hand is coming from and either allows NAV entry or not. However, I have found the use of OnStar a much safer, less distracting means of entering NAV data while driving on both my C7 and XTS. It is quick and you can continue to fully concentrate on the road and surrounding situation. :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
My C7 allows it?! It does say that the passenger should be the only one doing it, and just asks you to verify by clicking okay. Maybe it doesn't give that option unless there is a passenger. Guess I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
111 Posts
My XTS CUE system doesn't allow the driver to do it but the front passenger can. The system detects which direction the hand is coming from and either allows NAV entry or not. However, I have found the use of OnStar a much safer, less distracting means of entering NAV data while driving on both my C7 and XTS. It is quick and you can continue to fully concentrate on the road and surrounding situation. :cool:
Amen! I use the OnStar in my XTS the same way. I even use it when not moving. Push 2 buttons. OnStar, give her the address, the push GO after download, Done! Lot less time wasted. NO CRASH either. I will be doing the same thing with my C-7 on her first trip tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a pressure sensor in the passenger seat that detects a passenger (over 70 lbs I think) that turns on the passenger air bags. This same sensor is what allows changes to be made on the Nav screen while driving. It detects a passenger present and will allow changes to be made.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
simple the night before to put it into the remotelink onstar app on your phone and it goes to the car. This works on all cars, no need for NAV, you'll get green arrows in the center of the tach in front of you: (as long as you have that onstar subscription)

·
Registered
98 Posts
The voice command system seems to work well too. I've used it a number of times and it did a fine job of recognizing the address.
S.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I remember running into this same problem when I got my new '08 CTS. Shortly after enough folks took delivery, some company came out with a chip you could install in less than 15 minutes that bypassed that "safety feature" without having to subscribe to OnStar. It was a little pricey, but not only did it let me enter info while driving, it also allowed the DVDs to be played (video instead of just audio) while driving. I will definitely look for it again once I get my C7. I hate having to pay for a subscription needlessly. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remember running into this same problem when I got my new '08 CTS. Shortly after enough folks took delivery, some company came out with a chip you could install in less than 15 minutes that bypassed that "safety feature" without having to subscribe to OnStar. It was a little pricey, but not only did it let me enter info while driving, it also allowed the DVDs to be played (video instead of just audio) while driving. I will definitely look for it again once I get my C7. I hate having to pay for a subscription needlessly. :)
I put one of these in my Challenger. It was called a MyGig Lockpick. I would imagine either they or another company will be releasing one soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts