Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recommendation is that if you are not planning to use the car for two weeks or so, you should connect the battery charger. Has anyone figured out how you can use the charger and also be able to completely close the rear hatch and lock the car without damaging the cord or the car?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Just close the hatch, the rubber seal will conform around the cord and not damage it. Just make sure the cord is exiting from a space that's wide enough between the side panel and hatch to not pinch the cord between hard parts.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've read the same thing, just close the rear hatch. It won't damage the seal or the power cord connected to the charger. :)

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
DeanAnna as others have noted in this thread and the earlier threads discussing how to use the battery charger, merely lay the line across the rear trunk area on the weather strip and close the trunk as normal. It will not hurt the line or car. I have been doing it that way with my CTEK 3300 (the manufacturer version of the C7 OEM unit) on RedHot since new with no issues. Just be sure that you use only the accessory outlet at the right rear of the trunk for connecting your charger. That is the only one that remains 'live' when you shut off your Stingray. It was specifically designed for that. The one in the dash is 'dead' when the car is turned off. :cool:

Reactions: elegant

·
Administrator
16,490 Posts
I just crack the passenger window enough so it doesn't pinch the cord and run it out of the car that way.
That works fine as long as you are still plugging it into the rear accessory outlet and not the dash. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts