Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this '14 since October. It is an automatic so my wife can drive it. I do not recall, in Track mode, that it would change into V4 (by Active Fuel Management) when not accelerating. It does. Chevy customer service is ABSOLUTELY OF NO HELP TO EVEN RESPOND!! Can someone explain why the engineers would let it do that and do not say to save fuel, on a track!!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
From my readings here, going into "paddle shifting" mode on an auto transmission Stingray disables the V4 mode. And some others here are reporting satisfactory results with the Range AFM Disable device, which plugs into your OBD2 port. With this device plugged in, the car always stays in V8 mode. Remove the device, and it goes back to its prior behavior of dropping into V4 to save fuel. Reportedly, the fuel mileage penalty with disabling the V4 mode is not that significant. I plan on ordering one when my car nears delivery. price, approx $200

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Or Google "Range AFM Disable". Sold directly, or through Amazon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand that but no one has been able to tell me WHY it shifts when in Track Mode? It makes no sense!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts