Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my amazing vehicle on Monday, Dec. 2 at the Museum. A wonderful experience BTW. Especially the applause as she left the building. Finished the ride back to the Houston area on Tuesday night. A wonderful trip, but I was told by Museum personnel not to put the car in ECO mode, vary the speed and not exceed 4500 RPM during the first 500 miles. But when I got my vehcile on the road and started looking at the info screens I noticed that when I got to the "Instanteous Gas Mileage " that there was a V4 or V8 that popped up too. When I was cruising in Tour mode the V4 symbol was on. I assume based on this finding that regardless of what mode you are in, the Active Fuel Management, is active. And maybe just a little more so in ECO mode. Is this true? Or is this just for automatics?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought it would not go into V4 mode in Sport or track with a auto???? only Eco on the 7sp cars???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it would not go into V4 mode in Sport or track with a auto???? only Eco on the 7sp cars???
I looked at all the modes (including Sport & Track) on my Stingray with 6 speed auto while I was driving and they ALL showed the car going into V4 mode while cruising.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
I looked at all the modes (including Sport & Track) on my Stingray with 6 speed auto while I was driving and they ALL showed the car going into V4 mode while cruising.
According to the Owners Manual that is correct.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for clarifying, jsvette. The Museum folk do an amazing job in educating us neophytes on the Stingray, but maybe we should tell them not to worry about keeping the vehicle out of ECO mode for the first 500 miles if you have an an automatic trans becasue It doesn't matter.

·
Administrator
16,282 Posts
Thanks for clarifying, jsvette. The Museum folk do an amazing job in educating us neophytes on the Stingray, but maybe we should tell them not to worry about keeping the vehicle out of ECO mode for the first 500 miles if you have an an automatic trans becasue It doesn't matter.
Most welcome. Interesting, my excellent Docent Ron never mentioned to me to keep it out of ECO mode, though I had intended in keeping it in Tour mode for the first 500 anyway, and just vary the rpms and gears as appropriate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts