Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm not going to do as much as some people are going to, but my Corvette, my taste right? :) So here's my list:

• GM Mud Guards - Done
  • Carbon Flash Ground Effects - Installed (Lashway Motorsports)
  • Body Color Painted Engine Covers - Installed
  • Window Tint - installed (thanks Sinner!!!)
  • Lowering by factory bolts - waiting a couple of months to allow everything to settle first, and for dryer conditions since I don't have a cement pad yet.
  • Dye Interior Stitching to Deep Red**
  • Cold Air Intake/performance upgrade package
  • StingRay turn signal mirrors - installed
  • Air brushed hood liner
  • Smoked side markers - installed

**Really on the fence due to its permanent nature and no way to test it prior to doing it.

So, there's my short list. Pictures will come along the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
That is a lot more than I plan to do. I will raise it up on the stock bolts as high as possible (yelp, I am gonna put her on stilts for more ground clearance for around here), and maybe paint the calipers crystal red. It is just going to be a daily driver for me, so I don't plan on treating her to fancy things.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
VA Buckeye, it was nice chatting with you via personal message. Your car already looks great, and I will keep checking back for more pictures of it. I look forward to hearing about your mods.

Reactions: vabuckeye

·
18,670 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I've been following that thread. I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on that, I'm just waiting for warmer weather to do something like that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
220 Posts
That is a lot more than I plan to do. I will raise it up on the stock bolts as high as possible (yelp, I am gonna put her on stilts for more ground clearance for around here), and maybe paint the calipers crystal red. It is just going to be a daily driver for me, so I don't plan on treating her to fancy things.
I may be RAISING mine as well, rdslon. I have a VERY steep driveway. Also going to give those "Nose/Bumper Savers" that Joe (StingThis) has on his website. They look like they'll do the trick. 2014 C7 Corvette Bumper Savers: Granatelli Motorsports

Let me know how it went for you.

Lookin' SWEET vabuckeye!!! CONGRATS!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Excellent list! Let me know if I can help with that intake. Halltech CF intake is available now and the plastic one "should" be ready to go by the end of the month for under $500 and I have a batch preordered.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My daughter is helping me inspect the new engine covers that arrived today. They may or may not get installed this evening, but pictures will be posted when they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before
1392683503491.jpg
1392683529377.jpg

During
1392683554308.jpg

After
1392683595012.jpg
1392683612418.jpg
1392683623751.jpg

I love the look, especially the fuel rails, a couple of the applications could be improved upon. The alternator cover was really loose at first as the Velcro didn't line up very well. I actually had to peel it off the fiberglass piece and reposition it as it came pre-installed. At the moment I have it tucked under a clip to secure it better until I can fasten it better. Also, the regulator sensor cover just doesn't have enough surface area to hold on to in order to make it not so loose. The last part that I have a concern with is the ECM control cover. The fastening Velcro is adhered only to the lines attached to the control box. I would have made a loop of fabric around the lines to fit snugly and wouldn't have to worry about the small contact area. This part though feels secure for now, but one I will be checking on regularly. All other pieces to the set are securely fastened and I feel confident they won't move going down the road.

Overall the parts are high quality and would recommend these to others. A few minor tweaks would really make these absolutely prefect.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
A quick impromptu meeting with a Premier Edition today at work.

There are two really awesome looking Corvettes!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here is a better picture of the side curtain. I also added a smoked acrylic cover on the side markers. They look decent and accomplish what I wanted without spending a lot to replace the lights themselves. I also added Jack pucks today, also carbon fiber vinyl pieces over the black plastic leading out of the door, and applied expel to the corvette sill plates. (Thanks Glen). Not too sure on the carbon fiber vinyl piece but I'm going to give it some time to grow on me. Luckily it just peels right off of I don't like it. I put it on there too help protect the plastic from my feet getting in and out.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
vabuckeye, Engine compartment looks great!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Wait until you see what I add to the plenum cover and the hood liner. I'm getting the POW MIA logo on the cover and all the branches of the military on the liner.

Vabuckeye I love your car! That has to be one of the best looking crystal red's I have seen. I really love the stripes and the other accents that play off the wheels. I personally am not a fan of black wheels in general, but yours really look awesome with the overall theme of your car. It's beautiful man!

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
vabuckeye, "Outstanding" POW & MIA, and all service branches. I bet first one on a C7

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 80 Posts