Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting at the airport, won't be able to tinker with the vette for a few weeks. At least I'll have the forum for my fix! Should have brought my manual for the flight.

Question, has anyone used valet mode? Is there a thread about it already that I missed? Would be nice to know how to use it in a flash. Password protected, default code or you set it up completely? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
This will lock the infotainment system, the infotainment controls,and screen storage location.
To turn Valet Mode on and off, Enter a four-digit code on the keypad.
Press Enter to go to the confirmation screen. Re-enter the four-digit code. Press LOCK to lock the system. Enter the four-digit code to unlock the system. Press the
Back screen button to go back to the previous menu

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems simple enough, thx redc7. Is it easily done when actually pulling up to a valet or are there a bunch of menu screens to get to it?

Does valet mode also limit engine performance, rpm/speed for example?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Not having a C7 yet not sure how easy it is in a C7 but my Caddy has the same option and it's just a matter of going into settings and clicking on Valet option and punching in a code takes maybe 30 seconds.

Looking at the manual I see this:

Personalization Menus
The following list of menu items maybe available:
Time and Date
Driving Mode
Language [Language]
Valet Mode
Radio
Vehicle
Bluetooth
Voice
Display
Rear Camera
Return to Factory Settings
Software Information

·
Registered
10,551 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I have not found any limp mode setting at all..just locks certain things....from the infotainment manual:

Valet Mode (If Equipped)
This will lock the infotainment system, the infotainment controls, and storage locations, if equipped.
Enter a four-digit code on the keypad. Press Enter to go to the confirmation screen. Re-enter the four-digit code. Press LOCK to lock
the system. Enter the four-digit code to unlock the system. Press o
BACK on the faceplate or press the Back screen button to go back to the previous menu.

·
Registered
10,551 Posts
Hum... Do we know if delivery mode has an RPM/speed lock? It does on some other cars. Didn't I see a post on here a while back about how to exit/re-enter delivery mode?

·
Registered
10,551 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Hum... Do we know if delivery mode has an RPM/speed lock? It does on some other cars. Didn't I see a post on here a while back about how to exit/re-enter delivery mode?
We have a "transport mode."

" The Corvette MAY be shipped in transport mode. To remove the car from transport mode, turn ON the four way flasher and place the driver’s foot on the brake AND on the clutch if it is a manual transmission. Press and hold the Start button for approximately 15 seconds. At this point the engine will START, but CONTINUE to hold the start button for approximately 15 seconds. Information will display on the center of the cluster that will indicate when transport mode has been turned OFF. Transport mode can be entered using the same procedure."

But do not know if this limits RPM or just "battery drain?"

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Maybe my Alzheimer's but was not the reduced rpm/v4 feature one that did not make it to production?..I think talon said....

Somewhere in the programming they have the ability to do it, because if the car is in a police chase, through OnStar, the police can make the car run very slowly, not turn it off, just run in a limp mode .....so they can catch it

that was told to me by Onstar person one afternoon when I called them

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your opinions, maybe we can get the Chevy customer service guy on this forum to chime in? Anyone know what handle he's under and can ask him?

This really should be a feature of this car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No. It is a useless feature....it won't keep the lot monkeys from drag racing your car,so what good is it ? Well I never valet park anyway for just that reason..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Small addendum to the things already noted. Valet mode, locks the glovebox as well. I know the manual was copied here. But, not everyone realizes that one.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
993 Posts
Given no choice, put it in valet mode then put it in transport mode too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
this technology is so over my head. I had a c5 and c6 and I don't believe either car had anything close to what you are referring to. Its nice that this car has so much to offer tec wise. However it seems just a bit much. am I showing my age or what. Good driving

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The C4 ZR-1 had a valet mode, well actually a valet key. You actually had a key to turn on full power to the car. So if you did go somewhere and had your car parked you could take this key with you. It limited the hp to around 200. Especially for the new Z06 I would love to be able to lock it in 4cyl mode. Maybe GM will offer this in the future?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Question on valet mode, it says if u forget the code, under the unlock button on the valet lock screen "text code" then it will send it to your phone. Ok how do u set the phone number in the car so it will the code that u forgot? I cant find anywhere to put my phone number.

·
Registered
257 Posts
good question Jafury I figure its easy enough just to use a real easy 4 digit code, same one all the time ad write it down in your phone

·
Registered
353 Posts
Valet mode also kills the audio.
Alan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts