Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We received our Halltech CKN system yesterday. After opening the box and inspecting the unit we went straight to the dyno.

As with all Halltech systems the CKN for the C7 is extremely high quality and looks amazing. I am not a huge "bling" guy, but the carbon fiber under the hood is awesome. If I wasn't installing an ECS blower next week I would be adding the carbon radiator duct and engine covers from Katech to compliment the CAI.

So back on the dyno we go. We make two baseline pulls to ensure our #s are consistent. We are down a few HP due to having the colder nitrous plugs installed, but we still manage 513RWHP/448RWTQ...

Leaving the car strapped in place we removed the factory air box and installed the Halltech system. Install was a breeze and we were ready to spin the rollers in less than 30 minutes.... Results blew me away!!! Our lil cam/header car obviously NEEDED additional airflow.

19RWHP/21RWTQ INCREASE!!!

For anyone who isn't familiar with our C7 modifications...

Halltech CKN Cold Air
Vengeance Racing Custom Camshaft Kit- Retains VVT/Deletes DOD
American Racing 1 7/8 Longtubes with CATTED X pipe
B&B Fusion Exhaust
Nitrous Outlet Plate System- Tested 50/100/150 HP settings

With these basic modifications we have picked up over 100RWHP @ 6000rpm and over 130RWHP @ 6500rpm....

This graph is the first pull our C7 made on our dyno Vs final #s with the modifications above.

\

Next up is a cam swap and an ECS blower. We also have several C7s in the shop right now for various modifications. We will post the results as they become available.

·
18,670 Posts
Dave, those are great results, partly because of the other previous mods you did. Do you have access to what would be the increases for HP and TQ a for someone who took a totally stock StingRay and just made the single mod of the replacing the air filter with a Halltech?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Dave, those are great results, partly because of the other previous mods you did. Do you have access to what would be the increases for HP and TQ a for someone who took a totally stock StingRay and just made the single mod of the replacing the air filter with a Halltech?
Yes, I would like to know this as well.

·
Registered
489 Posts
are you getting the non carbon fiber version of the hall tech

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I would like to know this as well.
Halltech has seen three customer cars so far gain 9hp/6tq with no tuning. Our results were a bit higher due to tuning and our other modifications to the car.

are you getting the non carbon fiber version of the hall tech
We are due to receive our ECS Supercharger this week for testing, so we will be pulling the Halltech then. We may go for the non-carbon version in the future, however they are still a few weeks out from shipping units last that I saw.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Halltech has seen three customer cars so far gain 9hp/6tq with no tuning. Our results were a bit higher due to tuning and our other modifications to the car.

We are due to receive our ECS Supercharger this week for testing, so we will be pulling the Halltech then. We may go for the non-carbon version in the future, however they are still a few weeks out from shipping units last that I saw.
I know the non carbon fiber one is noticeably less expensive. Wondering if results wise there is not much difference.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure there is some drop in IAT and weight with carbon fiber, but I doubt it's anything noticeable. I think the non-carbon will be a very popular piece when it releases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts