Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Foxy is in the shop as I type having the VR500 package installed...Vengeance Racing is awesome...they dropped me off at my hotel last night and picked me up this morning. I am so excited about the VR500 package and will let you all know how she performs after.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the VR500 package??

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
4,656 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Before install
Max Power = 401.63 Max Torque =405.93
after install
Max Power = 445.53 Max Torque = 449.69
Z51 automatic
More pep and a throatier sound, I am very pleased with my results
It was a pleasure doing business with Vengeance Racing, they are professional yet a fun loving group of people and I enjoyed my day with them....I had a chance to ride in the 1000hp C7....I still have a smile on my face that is one impressive machine...

·
Administrator
16,280 Posts
Before install
after install
Z51 automatic
It was a pleasure doing business with Vengeance Racing, they are professional yet a fun loving group of people and I enjoyed my day with them....even had a chance to ride him the 1000hp C7....I still have a smile on my face that is one expressive machine...
WOW, now that is an impressive bump! :cool:

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
WOW, now that is an impressive bump! :cool:
Let me get this straight, GM sells you a car with 460 hp but when you take it to Vengeance the power is 401.63? and after install it is still less then what GM claims it has for the $74K that I am going to give GM in the next couple of weeks? Is there something wrong with this picture or am I the fool? :confused:

·
Administrator
16,280 Posts
Let me get this straight, GM sells you a car with 460 hp but when you take it to Vengeance the power is 401.63? and after install it is still less then what GM claims it has for the $74K that I am going to give GM in the next couple of weeks? Is there something wrong with this picture or am I the fool? :confused:
I believe that is the ratings on a Dyno at the rear wheels, not engine.

Reactions: ALF01

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I believe that is the ratings on a Dyno at the rear wheels, not engine.
Correct it is the Dyno ratings. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1393603471.959957.jpg

One school of thought is you add 60 to the Dyno, at the rear wheel, rating... this is an average of course but it is a close ball park...
so it puts Foxy at around 500 to 510 hp (give or take a little) works for me :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
so, it looks like with a 13% drive-train loss, 446HP and 450TRQ at the wheels equates to 513HP and 517TRQ at the crank. nice bump, but $3500 seems a bit steep. what's the cost breakout parts vs. labor?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Lipstic, can I ask what was your motivation for doing the upgrade?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Car manufacturers advertise engine crank horsepower, which is more hp than what it will be when read at the wheels. The reason there is less hp at the wheels is because all of that power has to travel through the driveshaft, transmission, and rear axles.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Before install
after install
Z51 automatic
It was a pleasure doing business with Vengeance Racing, they are professional yet a fun loving group of people and I enjoyed my day with them....I had a chance to ride in the 1000hp C7....I still have a smile on my face that is one impressive machine...
And what I get from the website, this does not affect your powertrain warranty. Very nice, but I must agree the price may be a little steep. A basic supercharger will give you about 600 RWHP for about $6500, if my sources are correct. But the trade off is it voids your powertrain warranty which is a major disadvantage.

Reactions: Lipstic

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lipstic, can I ask what was your motivation for doing the upgrade?
This package did not void the warranty (my husband who is the voice of reason, when it comes to mods, did not wish me to do anything to void the warranty right now) it gave me a bump in power and a more throatier sound...because I am used to my C3 with cam and headers, I wanted the C7 to have a stronger voice... :-D.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And what I get from the website, this does not affect your powertrain warranty. Very nice, but I must agree the price may be a little steep. A basic supercharger will give you about 600 RWHP for about $6500, if my sources are correct. But the trade off is it voids your powertrain warranty which is a major disadvantage.

Oh I would supercharge in a heart-beat, my husband reasoned with me not to void the warranty...sigh

·
Banned
631 Posts
50-100 HP for that price is reasonable in the overall picture.

Also, Vengeance is a dealer for the RX oil separating crankcase evac system.

They are installing the "Monster" version on their own monster build, so watch for results.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Does anyone make a supercharger that is California compliant? I am interested if its under $6500 and will give me around 600 hp

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does anyone make a supercharger that is California compliant? I am interested if its under $6500 and will give me around 600 hp
That I'm not sure about. I'm assuming with all the vast Corvette knowledge on this site, someone will be able to help answer that for you. I've bee dealing with East Coast Superchargers out of NJ (eastcoastsupercharging.com). They have shops all over the place. I'm sure they could help you or at least lead you in the right direction.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vengeance made one yesterday afternoon they said they would post one. If not I will make one this weekend

·
Registered
35 Posts
lipstic,

did you by chance get a plot with AFR? i'm curious about that as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts