Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to tell members about the great service I got at Bill Buck Chevrolet in Venice, FL.

I have been having recurring/intermittent problems with my nav etc. They have been trying to get it nailed down and taken care of.
They have replaced the screen, and re-flashed the system in the past. The re-flashed the system before I made my trip to CT, because of same problems.

While on way to CT, (1500 miles) I had repeated problems with it.

Yesterday I decided to try and stop by to see if they could at least see if it had thrown any codes. Now you have to understand that they are swamped due to re-calls, and that "season" is starting here.

The service writer went back and talked to a service tech, who told me to pull it around and they would ck the computer and this way they would have a direction when I brought it back.

Well, the only code it had was the seat memory communication error (known problem, no fix yet). The tech kept asking me questions, and entering info as to symptoms into the computer database. Some of them had updates/fixes.

Long story short, is that they snuck me in :) and reflashed 3 systems.

Hope it works

But I believe that this was "above and beyond", and wanted to tell people about the service there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just wanted to tell members about the great service I got at Bill Buck Chevrolet in Venice, FL.

I have been having recurring/intermittent problems with my nav etc. They have been trying to get it nailed down and taken care of.
They have replaced the screen, and re-flashed the system in the past. The re-flashed the system before I made my trip to CT, because of same problems.

While on way to CT, (1500 miles) I had repeated problems with it.

Yesterday I decided to try and stop by to see if they could at least see if it had thrown any codes. Now you have to understand that they are swamped due to re-calls, and that "season" is starting here.

The service writer went back and talked to a service tech, who told me to pull it around and they would ck the computer and this way they would have a direction when I brought it back.

Well, the only code it had was the seat memory communication error (known problem, no fix yet). The tech kept asking me questions, and entering info as to symptoms into the computer database. Some of them had updates/fixes.

Long story short, is that they snuck me in :) and reflashed 3 systems.

Hope it works

But I believe that this was "above and beyond", and wanted to tell people about the service there.
ronkh, Bill Buck does a great job and have dealt with them myself several times. The service you received is just the way they do business there.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ronkh, Bill Buck does a great job and have dealt with them myself several times. The service you received is just the way they do business there.
I was impressed there. Will continue to do business wit them and tell people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts