Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone out there knows of anyone making removable covers for the hood and side vents please let me/us know. I washed my C7 yesterday for the first time and drying in and around those vents is a bit problematic. Snap on covers sure would be nice to have.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Electric leaf blower works well on vents. I started using one for my bike and gave it a try on my 930 15 years ago and have been using one ever since.

Future Stingray Owner
Current Rides:
2012 Jeep SRT8
2013 Porsche Boxster S
2012 VW CC

·
Registered
346 Posts
Electric leaf blower works well on vents. I started using one for my bike and gave it a try on my 930 15 years ago and have been using one ever since.

Future Stingray Owner
Current Rides:
2012 Jeep SRT8
2013 Porsche Boxster S
2012 VW CC
Correct Mark. I've been doing the same for years. But for those who are going to do this, don't use a gas blower! A lot of gas blower models use the blower tube as the engine exhaust and some tend to spray the exhaust, with oil mixed in, out the tube. Not a lot, but enough to make it messy.

Reactions: Jeffse

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I get tree crap underneath the grating, so blower won't work.....making covers from 1/4 plex.....right now using spenco shoe inter soles and a weight at night
.......LOL

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Glen, please advise how your plexi cover works for the hood vent.
not doing one for the hood vent - it cleans itself and is open from the underside....it's the rear vent that cant be cleaned easily......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts