Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and am very eager on ordering a 15' stingray but am very perplexed by a few things. First is can i put in a order at a dealership that isn't in the top 20 for allocations/sales? My local dealership is Sunset Chevrolet of WA state and i believe it is a medium corvette allocation dealer but i do not know how to find out. Second is i have a huge mental block of how i would put everything together when pricing and the online workbench have not yet been released. Do i make the full payment when the car is delivered and ready or when i first order? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am very anxious to not experience any of the many horror stories regarding wait times and such. Thanks again for any help!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and am very eager on ordering a 15' stingray but am very perplexed by a few things. First is can i put in a order at a dealership that isn't in the top 20 for allocations/sales? My local dealership is Sunset Chevrolet of WA state and i believe it is a medium corvette allocation dealer but i do not know how to find out. Second is i have a huge mental block of how i would put everything together when pricing and the online workbench have not yet been released. Do i make the full payment when the car is delivered and ready or when i first order? Any help would be greatly appreciated as i am very anxious to not experience any of the many horror stories regarding wait times and such. Thanks again for any help!
This site is loaded with posts that will help you. A search for "allocation" will yield huge amounts of info. Additionally there are posts, some very recent, that ranks dealers as to the number of Corvettes sold.

·
18,669 Posts
A medium sized dealership will have enough allocation to get you your StingRay. The first 2015's will arrive on the West Coast approximately mid September. Whether you dealer can get you that car in the first month after customer deliveries start depends on many things, including:

1) Where is your order vis-a-vis your dealers priority for your type of car (coupe and convertibles are separate allocations). Are you # 1 on their 2015 coupe list or # 9?
2). Did you order Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic color, for that color will be delayed availability?
3). Did you order anything that is currently constrained? See this thread every Thursday to see the last constraints.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...889-constraint-updates-post-info-here-85.html

Please read this thread too.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-purchasing/4463-caution-2015-z-51-buyers.html

You will get your 2015 StingRay! Sending you a private message with more info.

If you already have a deposit down, then you will next the balance when you lick it up at your dealership.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow very great help, thank you so much. Will look into what resources you just gave me. Im feeling calmer already
I live near Tacoma and have checked Sunset Chevrolet and other dealers in the area. The prices are way high. If you are willing to make a road trip you can do much better at one of the top three or four dealers in the dealer allocation list elsewhere on this forum. I'm buying at Les Stanford in Michigan and doing a museum delivery. With my military (or credit union/same discount) plus my USAA discount I'll be about 8K under MSRP. I'm hoping I get a call today or tomorrow saying my order has gone in with this week's allocation but haven't heard anything yet. I'm number 49 on their 2015 list. PM me if you have any questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts