Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of my '14 3LT non-Z51. I've been hearing a buzzing/rattling/wind noise at highway speed over my left shoulder. I think it might be the shroud that covers the non-functional vent. In the video I illustrate how the opposite side doesn't have this issue. Anyone else ever experience this? Any resolutions?

password: rattle

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Just took delivery of my '14 3LT non-Z51. I've been hearing a buzzing/rattling/wind noise at highway speed over my left shoulder. I think it might be the shroud that covers the non-functional vent. In the video I illustrate how the opposite side doesn't have this issue. Anyone else ever experience this? Any resolutions?
Sorry that there is a bussing/rattling noise that you're experiencing on your new 'Vette. I understand the displeasure when dealing with a matter like this. Although you're seeking opinions from others, I'd be happy to communicate your concerns with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at your GM dealer of choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you would like to discuss this further, or if you simply want this matter documented.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
475 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. There is a video on utube that shows how to place a stainless grate in the vent instead of the black plastic unit. In the video they show how the fender is removed and how all the pieces in vent fit together. Just search 2014 corvette grate removal or a variation of that.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Mmmmm? I have a non Z51, but I thought those vents cooled the trans and differential. Not true?
If you have an automatic the drivers side vent will cool the trans on a non-Z51. Only the Z-51's e-diff has cooling, the base limited slip does not.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think, on a non Z51 car such as mine, this vent is designed to allow, the rather rare and lighter than air, FaUx gas to escape from under the rear of the vehicle :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts