Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Usually around 3300 status. Later, while going done the assembly line, a large machine comes down from above, stamps the VIN just below the windshield base. It is of course stamped in other places, but quite visually exciting to see the above imprinting.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hi elegant:
:rolleyes:
Can you disclose the other places that the VIN is stamped or are they secret for some reason?

STUNG

·
18,670 Posts
Sure do not know all myself, but this is from Car Fax:

"Locating the VIN:
The VIN is located in a number of places on a car, but most commonly on the dashboard (you can see it through the windshield) and the driver's side door jamb sticker. On some vehicles the VIN is also placed on the engine, hood, and other parts. The VIN may also appear on car titles, insurance policies, service records and police reports for the vehicle."

I believe it is also stamped onto the chassis itself -- though do not know where.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks. I was curious in case there was an area that I was not familiar with. I was quite aware of the paper places. But thanks to for those. haha!! The Chassis one is interesting I guess mostly for possible Stolen auto identification etc.
STUNG

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are you guys refering to this option available when ordering?

PIN Customer Selectable VIN Ending $5,000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts