Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i was invited over to check out a friends new toy box at his newly constructed home. Every car guys dream garage in my humble opinion. There was his 1970 SS 454 El Camino with his 56 Belair on top and his early 70's SS454 Truck filling out a side. To the rear was his 2016 Z06 Manual transmission 3LT. He was complaining about not liking the manual transmission of his Z06 and he never seemed to drive it due to the manual trans. 3 years old and about 3000 miles.
I mentioned that he had a couple of weeks left to order a C7 or they would be gone. And spoke of the great deals available on new C7's at most dealers.

20190615_133212.jpg

As we spoke he went over to the phone and called the local dealer to inquire what they had in the way of a new Z06 with the A8 trans. I mentioned that that particular dealer had a beautiful ZR1 in AW . Today I visited him again and guess what was in his drive way....

20190615_133149.jpg

Out with that tired old Z06 and in with the new ZR1....

Did i mention about the bangs of jealousy I felt as i drooled all over his new acquisition?

And once again you will have to click on the pics of you care to see it right side up. I never remember to shoot pics horizontally instead of vertically...

·
Registered
836 Posts
Wow! I've never been a fan of the ZR1 appearance, but in that color with the smaller wing, it looks amazing!
I saw one recently in my color with the smaller wing and silver wheels and I have to admit it looked pretty good. I, too, am not a fan of the big wing but I was surprised about how good it looked in this guise. Pretty good, but not $130,000 good; I'll stick with my Z06. And that is not my car next to it; just another LBR Z06 at this recent little car gathering. Mine is a few cars away in the second picture. Two LBR Z06s and one LBR ZR-1. Ongoing Gripe: When are we going to be able to rotate our pictures so they are not upside down or sideways? Only two of five in this thread are right side up.--Bob

Edit: Admin posted a note in the Help section that they are working on a solution for the sideways and upside down photos so I have promised to stop harping about it for now. Thanks to them for looking at the problem. Hoping for a fix --Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have to agree with the shorter wing bieng more user friendly for those of us using these cars on the street. Not a fan of trying to navigate around that tall wing to get inside the rear hatch. And i just like its look better.
Certainly see the benifits on the track at speed for the tall wing..
I rarely see triple digit speeds in my day to day use of my cars..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Not that I'd ever own a ZR1 but I can't get very excited about the wheels. They always remind me of a star on top of a Christmas tree.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So recently i was invited over to check out a friends new toy box at his newly constructed home. Every car guys dream garage in my humble opinion. There was his 1970 SS 454 El Camino with his 56 Belair on top and his early 70's SS454 Truck filling out a side. To the rear was his 2016 Z06 Manual transmission 3LT. He was complaining about not liking the manual transmission of his Z06 and he never seemed to drive it due to the manual trans. 3 years old and about 3000 miles.
I mentioned that he had a couple of weeks left to order a C7 or they would be gone. And spoke of the great deals available on new C7's at most dealers.

View attachment 270790

As we spoke he went over to the phone and called the local dealer to inquire what they had in the way of a new Z06 with the A8 trans. I mentioned that that particular dealer had a beautiful ZR1 in AW . Today I visited him again and guess what was in his drive way....

View attachment 270792

Out with that tired old Z06 and in with the new ZR1....

Did i mention about the bangs of jealousy I felt as i drooled all over his new acquisition?

And once again you will have to click on the pics of you care to see it right side up. I never remember to shoot pics horizontally instead of vertically...
I thought you just found a way to park them on the ceiling! :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Have to agree with the shorter wing bieng more user friendly for those of us using these cars on the street. Not a fan of trying to navigate around that tall wing to get inside the rear hatch. And i just like its look better.
Certainly see the benifits on the track at speed for the tall wing..
I rarely see triple digit speeds in my day to day use of my cars..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I completely agree. It does look so much better IMHO with the smaller wing. Tracking it, big wing is what you need, but for street use, the small wing is quite a bit more refined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts