Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't seen C7 label covers available yet on any website. Any suggested alternatives?

Also noticed a couple of small scratches on the sill plate and the black vinyl/plastic composite material as feet exit the car. Any suggestions on protecting those areas? Would Paint Defender work on the sill plates? How about a clear protective tape product?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered visor covers from RPI Designs for $14.95.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
See my build thread for protection on both
Ok, Xpel on the door sills. I'm going to do that on the bumper and will ask about the sills when I'm finally there.

Noticed you have kick plates in carbon fiber color. Based on your photos, it appears that you have black door panels. Do the kick plates match or contrast? I have Kalahari seats and black panels so I'm thinking that body color plates would be a bit much. Is the carbon fiber color close to the flat black?

Thanks.

·
18,670 Posts
Many have successfully done that, starting with a heat gun and SLOWLY peeling it off. However, sometimes some of the "glue/mastic" remains, requiring "Goo Gone" or equivalent to remove the residue. However, if there is residue, and if you have the IWF sueded microfiber package, using Goo Gone or similar can mess up the IWE.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Even better is Contractors Solvent. Tough I'd want to test it first on an inconspicuous area.

Reactions: elegant

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered visor covers from RPI Designs for $14.95.
That's where I got mine. Only complaint: they need to be slightly larger. I have a sliver of yellow showing after I placed them. It's not a big deal, and it's not something you'd see unless you were looking for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good point. You have to look real hard to see it. I didn't want the hassle of peeling the warnings off and damaging the visor cloth.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
everyone should have 4 x 1 foot of 3M Di NOC under their workbench to cover things like the visor labels - cut a 6 x 3 inch (or what ever) and cover them. Use the stuff for the door sills you kick. Guaranteed after you buy some you'll find 10 uses for it.

get it here in 100 colors, matte or gloss:

3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl
overexposed pic so you can see it. In person, it blends fine, unless I point it out:

don't like the CF look?, then look at the std gloss or matte 1080 series stuff:

http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-Vinyl-Wrap-Film-Series-1080-s/16764.htm

I kick the hell out of mine:

·
Registered
40 Posts
everyone should have 4 x 1 foot of 3M Di NOC under their workbench to cover things like the visor labels - cut a 6 x 3 inch (or what ever) and cover them. Use the stuff for the door sills you kick. Guaranteed after you buy some you'll find 10 uses for it.
How hard is it to remove if you need to replace it?

·
Registered
89 Posts

get it here in 100 colors, matte or gloss:

3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl
overexposed pic so you can see it. In person, it blends fine, unless I point it out:

don't like the CF look?, then look at the std gloss or matte 1080 series stuff:

http://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-Scotchprint-Vinyl-Wrap-Film-Series-1080-s/16764.htm

I kick the hell out of mine:

After seeing your post I had to do my visors. Came out great!!!!! Thanks for the idea and for your post and picture. ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1394574658.536829.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 19 of 19 Posts