Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been previously covered but I have a few questions about the new clear protective film option.

(1) Have we confirmed which brand GM will be using for the protective film?
(2) Is this a full front hood wrap or a partial hood wrap?
(3) Will the film be installed by the dealership or directly at the Bowling Green plant?

I live in Charleston, SC and unfortunately we do not have an authorized XPEL dealer here. I was quoted a price of $ 1400 by a local detailing company for a full front hood & fenders wrap for a material called "Llumar" which seems high. Honestly I would find it massively convenient if my car could just magically arrive with a paint protector in place. :)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The WA8 option has been cancelled so you are on your own regarding protective film.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great now we're left with 3rd party installers who can charge egregious prices. :)

For those of you purchasing paint protective films - are most of you getting partial or full hood wraps? I've heard in another thread that the GM rear fender protectors are terrible so maybe this area needs to be covered as well?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great now we're left with 3rd party installers who can charge egregious prices. :)

For those of you purchasing paint protective films - are most of you getting partial or full hood wraps? I've heard in another thread that the GM rear fender protectors are terrible so maybe this area needs to be covered as well?
Not true actually. Here's a place that will do it for about half the old WA8 price. Front of car up to just behind the hood vent and to about a few inches behind the headlights. Also mirrors and door handles areas. I'm doing a museum delivery so will go by there the next day.

Paint Protection of Nashville

·
Registered
810 Posts
my OEM film by rear wheels is holding up just fine, but I have the aftermarket GM splashguards, which make all the difference. Plus, my aftermarket film was about 500 bucks. GM proposed a cheaper option?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts