Stingray Corvette Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to owning a Corvette. I've always had antique and/or classic vehicles. My Corvette currently has just over 15K miles and has the original Michelin Pilot tires.
I feel the run-flat tires are super noisy. I've read some postings regarding replacing tires after 5 - 7 years, however, what I've read has mentioned staying with run-flats. I thought If I replaced my tires with a comparable quality tire the noise factor would be noticeably lessened.

I'd like to hear from members with pros and cons on staying with new run-flats, or changing them altogether with something different. Thank you for your input.
I'm running Continental ExtremeContact SportPlus on my 2016 Z51 vert. Quiet, great grip and (so far) no issues (except now the TPMS bugging). Got a great price at Mavis. I keep an inflation kit onboard just in case (lol).

·
Registered
2015, Corvette Z51
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey guys, I really appreciate ALL the input and advise you've offered! I'll have to mull everything over and make a decision as it will be tough. Regardless of what I decide, I think I will invest in a Slime Kit. Already have Premier AAA, so good to GO. Thanks once again! Enjoy your rides as the weather is getting better...........

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Don't know if this has been posted here; I can't find it if so. It is a fairly sound, balanced independent review of several High Performance All Season tires with a companion video about their performance in snow. I found it quite informative, although they did not test the run flat versions of the tires. --Bob

Dry/wet weather:

In snow:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm new to owning a Corvette. I've always had antique and/or classic vehicles. My Corvette currently has just over 15K miles and has the original Michelin Pilot tires.
I feel the run-flat tires are super noisy. I've read some postings regarding replacing tires after 5 - 7 years, however, what I've read has mentioned staying with run-flats. I thought If I replaced my tires with a comparable quality tire the noise factor would be noticeably lessened.

I'd like to hear from members with pros and cons on staying with new run-flats, or changing them altogether with something different. Thank you for your input.
Interesting thread. Always learning from forum members and appreciate all the help I’ve received here. My pilot run flats still have some miles to go but when I replace them it’ll be with non run flats. When I get on it it breaks loose and is still loose into second gear. I understand this is because the sidewalls of the run flats are very rigid. So I’m going to make the change for traction.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts