Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Ken Fichtner is still selling extended warranty insurance ? Has anyone bought extended warranty insurance and from whom?

·
Administrator
16,507 Posts
I believe Denny Menholt Chevrolet is still a vendor here, though apparently not active. You might check with them (Ken worked for them). He always did have the best pricing. For members not familiar, the GM extended warranty (basically the same bumper to bumper as the original warranty) was available at significant discounts from some dealers. Regardless of where you purchased it, it always came from GM and was 'married' to your specific VIN, so any GM dealer would honor it and it would automatically show up in your car's service record.

Also, the GMEPP is now called the Chevrolet Extended Limited Warranty. I would presume that just like many of us did with the GMEPP, you can shop around for the best price from different GM dealers for the Chevrolet Extended Limited Warranty.

NOTE: This isn't intended to reopen the extensive discussion on the pros and cons of going with an extended warranty. If you are interested in that, please use our Search Community at the top of any page to find prior discussions. Rather, please keep any posts on this thread directed specifically to Steam's original question. Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, thank you so much for that information. I’ll look to see where I can get the best pricing.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
There was a post on here a while ago that said that Dennis Fichtner is now with Laurel Chev. in Laurel, MT. He was the person who I bought a plan from while he was still with Menholt Chev. I am not sure if he still handles this at Laurel Chev,

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a post on here a while ago that said that Dennis Fichtner is now with Laurel Chev. in Laurel, MT. He was the person who I bought a plan from while he still with Menholt Chev. I am not sure if he still handles this at Laurel Chev,
Thank you for the tip. I did do a internet search and found him there . I just e mailed him and awaiting a reply .Thank you for your help.
This forum is great helping members .

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ken is still selling ... at another dealer... hope this helps others...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone know for sure how long after the purchase date you have to add the GMPP or whatever it’s called today? Is it 30 days or until the original warranty expires or...? I’ve heard different things.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know for sure how long after the purchase date you have to add the GMPP or whatever it’s called today? Is it 30 days or until the original warranty expires or...? I’ve heard different things.
I bought my warranty I think about a month before the original 36 k or 3 year warranty was over from Dennis Fichtner . If you look at previous threads you will see where he’s located now. He’s still selling .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also,
Ryan O'Neill sells them,
although I am waiting for my C8 to arrive before deciding on which one to buy from.

Reactions: Steam
1 - 11 of 11 Posts