Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car parked in the drive way over a night of rain. Next morning drove off in the car and soon as a make a left turn water spills from under the driver side dash onto my feet. The foot well area. I checked under the footwell and seen droplets trickling down the hood latch lever area. Could not trace where the leak is coming from. Anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas what the cause could be?

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
Welcome to our forum Lutatt2. A couple of possibilities include the seal around the windshield and the drain areas under the hood near the windshield wipers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jsvette. I’m taking it to Chevy today. Hopefully they can trace the origin of the leak and fix it.. anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Mine has been dry as a bone but let us know what the tech finds. It would be my guess that there is something around the windshield letting the water in. Surprised that it was not found and fixed on the Quality Control side at Chevy because they do put them all through their monsoon simulator to check for leaks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One other related question. Is there any major electronics under the dash/footwell area, both driver and passenger side that could be effected by water leaks coming down?

·
Administrator
15,142 Posts
One other related question. Is there any major electronics under the dash/footwell area, both driver and passenger side that could be effected by water leaks coming down?
If it gets under the driver seat, you have a smorgasbord of electronics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts