Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our aero kit has already been designed and is in prototyping now. It is BEAUTIFUL too! Everything is very complimentary and functional. There is even a Stingray throw back option that you guys are going to get a kick out of. I pulled the idea from my Dad's '67 ;) I'll leak the renderings once we're some of the prototyping is done and molds are in the works. Until then, take a peak at what we've done on the CTS V. It also had some sharp lines and we offer a more subtle sleeper option as well as a more aggressive variant. I'll have not only our own signature parts, but also a lot of the stock parts in true CF replacement pieces.

black V coupe with the sleeper hood

my CTS V full CF V power vented hood, with exposed carbon fiber cowl

Qatar prince's black diamond CTS V coupe with the V power vented carbon hood

Keith's black diamond coupe with the exposed carbon fiber done hood

V coupe with my carbon fiber splitter and rocker blade kit

CTS V wagon we sponsored with my carbon fiber hood

matte wrapped V with my power hood

David's white diamond V

Blakes V with the carbon splitter and rocker blades

Charlie's V posed with his adorable daughter

Omar's V in Dubai with his V power hood in an eclipse!

Eric in Canada's thunder gray V

·
Registered
14 Posts
image.jpg

I can vouch for the top notch quality of Ben's work. I get compliments all the time about his V Power hood on my CTS-V...

·
Registered
489 Posts
stingray throwback option sounds interesting

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 2718

I can vouch for the top notch quality of Ben's work. I get compliments all the time about his V Power hood on my CTS-V...
Ha what's up buddy? I'm just trying to get these guys used to my smart ass antics lol You're a long way from home - pun intended! It's a pleasure to have the fastest Canadian V over here. Another three tenths faster and you're going to join a very elite club. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
cant wait... pics soon I hope

·
Registered
14 Posts
d
Ha what's up buddy? I'm just trying to get these guys used to my smart ass antics lol You're a long way from home - pun intended! It's a pleasure to have the fastest Canadian V over here. Another three tenths faster and you're going to join a very elite club. :)
Good to see you here too. I've pretty much decided I'm going to dump the V next summer and move on to a C7...Looking forward to seeing what you have coming for the Stingray!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
d

Good to see you here too. I've pretty much decided I'm going to dump the V next summer and move on to a C7...Looking forward to seeing what you have coming for the Stingray!
I'm surprised you don't just get a snow mobile, or a wooly mammoth or something lol

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hang in there guys ;) they'll be in production next month! The list will include various stock parts that are carbon flash now so you can pick and choose how much or little carbon you want. The splitter, rocker blades, diffuser, new spoiler, hood etc are all past the design phase and into prototyping! You'll also be very pleased with the pricing as well. I realize your C7s are new and like me, you probably have a list of products you just have to get on your cars yesterday. I do assure it's worth waiting another month.

I'm still not releasing the designs as it's a competitive market and many shops are still trying to get there, but maybe "elegant" will chime in since he's seen them. Here are some teaser notes:
Splitter - looks much like the Z06 splitter
Rocker Blades - are edgy but not like the Z06 and haven't been done to date
Spoiler - low profile and hasn't been done yet, and builds somewhat on the Z51 wing
Diffuser - not much you can do with a diffuser here, the general design always has a few vertical blades, but the benefit is a very cost effective true carbon replacement piece as well as fiberglass option
Hood - this will be for some and not others, it has a raised center profile much like the Z06 for a larger blower as well as direct port NOS lines and still maintains the stock lines. It uses a high quality mesh opposed to the vented look as well. Our CF vent insert will go into the hood for those that want to keep the louvered look also.

All parts are available in fiberglass as well as carbon fiber and require no core returns! :)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Close your eyes... picture this... it starts on the left, goes up, to the right, back down... curtain! Got it? ;)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have some wonderful things to unveil at the NCM Bash next week!

Here's a teaser of the inside of the first test hood ;)

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Exciting news on this front! My full weapon7 kit #001 will be unveiled tomorrow at the NCM Bash! #002 is being being filmed by Speed Society tomorrow morning with Josh Kallis! This has been 8mo in the making and #002 owner is just as happy as I am. I found myself walking around and around my Vette the past couple of days with a big grin!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My C7 was actually Tadge's pick for the car show winner which was pretty cool IMO! The kit was a huge success and drew a lot of positive feedback from Stingray owners and "to be's" as well!

Tadge's vote

Here are the shots from today and some details! These parts are carbon fiber replacement parts, nothing is coated over any OEM parts so there is no hassle of sending any parts in or returning for cores.

The splitter uses OEM bolt holes so no drilling is required. Opposed to just tapering in between the two bumper lips and trying to stair step up, we curved the splitter up between them and angled it down. This made for a better looking transition and also some relief for driveways!

The rocker blades also use OEM mounting holes, so no drilling is required. We brought the blades out right before the rear wheel instead of tapering in. While GM found there to be no benefit from aero stability, that area is highly prone to road rash. Our added area will not only help protect that flare, but also gives the illusion to more of a wide body look than tapering in and looking more narrow.

Our spoiler uses OEM mounting holes as well and is a direct easy install. It looks pretty wicked out the back window and as subtle as I think it is, I get a lot of compliments on this one.

The diffuser is pretty typical but adds a lot to the rear end! It has two vertical vanes added around the exhaust outlet and is a direct replacement.

The hood is the crown jewel to me though! It's 1" taller than the stock hood for a bigger blower, direct port NOS, or just the bulged look. It retains the extractor vent as well as the rear cowl being vented. It also has the Stingray inside the hood above the vent when open. The OEM vent will insert or you can opt for a high quality mesh insert. The radiator duct attaches to the inside as well. We'll be offering carbon louvers and also inner radiator ducting too. I like the mesh look in the hood, but wanted the carbon inner radiator duct under it when looking through, so I put the OEM louvers in and was very happy with the look! The hood comes in a variety of options as it's a true 2 piece hood with an inner and outer. You can do a full carbon inner outer, fiberglass inner/outer to save money, carbon outer/fiberglass inner, or fiberglass outer/carbon inner. Fiberglass is gel coated and ready to paint, Carbon Fiber is standard American 2:2 weave and matches OEM CF weave size.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Are the parts only in carbon fiber? I like the defuser, spoiler and side splitter and I would want it in carbon flash paint and I would pay for carbon fiber just to paint over it.

Great work on everything!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts