Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These turned out AMAZING! They're pretty wild but just what I'm after for shows. I can't wait to get my carbon kit on there to compliment them.

The WEAPON X MOTORSPORTS carbon fiber aero kit and hood will debut at the National Corvette Museum Bash next weekend!

These PUR wheels are 12.5" rears and lips are 3" with a concave face coming out of them, which really adds some nice depth. Rear tires are Pirellie 375mm but the true width is a 365 but still impressive. I've already laid some 365mm patches, I need to get some videos LOL. PUR was very helpful and kept me in constant contact. They'd need done this color combo before, but it didn't disappoint my expectations. The center is a matte black diamond and the lips are gloss black diamond. Exposed hardware is gloss black diamond as well. Needless to say, the face really hides brake dust, which is nice as well. I also need to get this thing lower still, but I'm very pleased with the turn out.

Enjoy!

375s!

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
It looks like dogwoods are in bloom back home. That's great: it was in time for Easter!

Happy Easter!

Reactions: weaponX

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks amazing Ben! You a PUR dealer now? If so PM me a price please:)
Looking forward to seeing the finished product (aero kit). Not sure if I can wait till end of June for my car to arrive...

Is it wrong to start ordering parts now for a car that's not even built yet?

Reactions: weaponX

·
18,670 Posts
Looks amazing Ben! You a PUR dealer now? If so PM me a price please:). Looking forward to seeing the finished product (aero kit). Not sure if I can wait till end of June for my car to arrive... Is it wrong to start ordering parts now for a car that's not even built yet?
Not wrong, just a sign of advanced StingRay addiction, a disease that can't be stopped, affecting thousands right here. I had a whole pile of parts stored away before my C6 Z06 arrived, and expect it to happen again next year before my '15 Z arrives.

I too can't wait to see Ben's car, though will be lucky enough to see it at the Bash. Looking forward to seeing both weaponX's unique aero parts installed (saw the renderings at NAIAS show), and seeing the PUR's and their monster tires too!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks amazing Ben! You a PUR dealer now? If so PM me a price please:)
Looking forward to seeing the finished product (aero kit). Not sure if I can wait till end of June for my car to arrive...

Is it wrong to start ordering parts now for a car that's not even built yet?
You did end up ordering one? I think I missed that... congrats bro! Replacing the V or adding to the fam? Vette wow factor from the cabin is amazing. People always love my V giving me thumbs up etc, but I sure got a lot of thumbs up on interstate yesterday in a 2hr drive!

I'll gladly help you with your parts pile on the C7 too ;) I'll have quite a build wrapped up by the end of May! I'm looking for 600-650whp NA and bringing in the direct port NOS on top ;) You'll see what I was up to in the aero dept in less than a week!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Are those available in 19"/20" sizes and are they mirrored left to right?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes sir, working on a 19/20" set for another client now too. You can do 19x9 front and 20x11 or 11.5" rears with 325s on the back or a x12 with 345s if your'e willing to lose the rear brake ducts. If planning to reuse factory tires, you could run closer to OEM widths too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You did end up ordering one? I think I missed that... congrats bro! Replacing the V or adding to the fam? Vette wow factor from the cabin is amazing. People always love my V giving me thumbs up etc, but I sure got a lot of thumbs up on interstate yesterday in a 2hr drive!

I'll gladly help you with your parts pile on the C7 too ;) I'll have quite a build wrapped up by the end of May! I'm looking for 600-650whp NA and bringing in the direct port NOS on top ;) You'll see what I was up to in the aero dept in less than a week!
Yep, sold my SRT8 last month and put the V up for sale last week. Likely end of June before the Vette is built (but hopefully sooner!). Hoping to have the parts ready to put on as soon as the car arrives. Ill email you with what I'm looking for... :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts