Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
It is great to see Chevrolet as an official supporting vendor!

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is an important opportunity to improve the relationship between Chevrolet Customer Care and the Forum. Perhaps an encouraging sign that Chevrolet regards Owner Forums as important sources of information and relationships as a means to create a bond between owners of their vehicles for service relationships and return sales.

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
Great to have Chevrolet Customer Care as a supporting vendor. You do a ton for our members! :cool:

·
Registered
623 Posts
WELCOME!

Especially, if this means you all will do more than just facilitate meet and greets between owners and dealers. (color me jaded).

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Care, welcome aboard to SRF, now how about giving your fellow members a sneak peak of the C8 Masterpiece! :wink:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have only had one experience with CCC and it was a very good one. It would be good if you guys regularly posted updates and corrections for any problems being reported consistently and how GM is mitigating those situations.

·
Administrator
15,306 Posts
CCC really does not care about their customers!
This is a rather broad and peculiar comment, based on the significant time, and support our forum specific CCC does for our members. Just look at the hundreds of posts where they follow up on member order requests, or those where they intercede on our members' behalf with their respective dealers to help resolve issues.

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is a rather broad and peculiar comment, based on the significant time, and support our forum specific CCC does for our members. Just look at the hundreds of posts where they follow up on member order requests, or those where they intercede on our members' behalf with their respective dealers to help resolve issues.
Thank you Jsvette. I could not have said it any better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dear CCC,
I’m not sure where else to turn. I went on line, explained my issue with the oscillating rpm (similar to the shudder, which I did have). They contacted me almost immediately and the young lady from Center-Line, MI was very polite and empathetic of my numerous (now 11) visits to the dealership ‘s service dept. Likewise, Chevrolet sent a field engineer out to the dealership; I dropped the car off and he ran tests, etc. He then sent the info back to Chevrolet. I’ve checked with the dealer countless times now, and they in turn have reached out to the field engineer, but he’s advised he’s heard nothing back.

A couple of weeks after the tests and the initial contact from the nice young lady in MI, she called me back to say, Chevrolet couldn’t do anything more to help me, ie; not interested in buying the car back. I asked why they’d make this determination without the technical decision or conclusion being reached. She simply stated she didn’t know, and maybe they would reopen the case after the field engineer’s data was evaluated or a technical conclusion was reached. Again, this was just before Thanksgiving, and I still don’t have a technical response from the engineer after looking at the car now a month back.

What is recommended? Do I reach out to the nice lady in Center-Line again? Who is my advocate in this? The dealership says they can only do what GM allows / instructs. While they too appear empathetic, I just do not feel I have anyone fighting for me in my corner.

Is tenacity the only means? Even still, frankly I wonder if it’s enough. I have a day job, so ...please help me.

BTW: the TSB (flush) has been carried out, the Torque Converter has been replaced and the complete Tranny was replaced. I’ve been struggling with this since February...

·
18,667 Posts
inspectorcallahan and others:

Have you seen this latest GM service bulletin on a new procedure?

Re: New Fix A8 Transmission Shudder

GM yesterday came out with an additional/separate fix for the Z8’s transmission shudder, one different front the torque tube clutch replacement. If you are having an A8 trans issue, this could be very helpful information for you. Unfortunately, with all new procedures/parts, it is not yet available. Hopefully, this will help those of you who have been having this issue.

What has been so interesting to many who have been following this, is that over 90% of all users with A8’s have not have an issue, but others have had it, and unfortunately, some more than once.
GM Technical Assistance Center said:
8 Speed Torque Converter Shudder — New Service Procedure and New Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP Fluid Regional Rollout

GM CUSTOMER CARE & AFTERSALES

URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY
DATE 12/12/2018
SUBJECT 8 Speed Torque Converter Shudder — New Service Procedure and New Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP Fluid Regional Rollout
MODELS 8L45 and 8L90 Applications
TO All Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC Dealers
ATTN Service Manager, Service Director, Shop Foreman, Service Technician, Parts Manager, Parts Counter Personnel, Warranty Administrator, General Manager
A new transmission fluid exchange procedure and new formula of Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP transmission fluid is being released to address torque converter shudder on 8L45 and 8L90 applications. The procedure and new transmission fluid is being rolled out regionally due to the limited availability of both the new transmission fluid and tool kit availability. The dealer rollout was determined by paid warranty claims from TSB 16-NA-175. It is anticipated that the new transmission fluid and tool kit will be available nationwide by late January or early February 2019. Once the new transmission fluid and tool kit is available the detailed service procedure will be loaded into GM Service Information (SI) as a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB). TSB's 16-NA-175 and 18-NA-177 will be eliminated from SI. An additional Global Connect Message will be sent to announce these changes.

Selected dealers will receive a separate Global Connect Message this week advising how to obtain the new Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP transmission fluid, delivery of the no charge tool kit from Bosch and detailed service procedure.

The new fluid exchange procedure will require the use of the existing DT-45096 TransFlow machine and tool kit. The tool kit will ship from Bosch at no charge.

The December 2018 Emerging Issues Broadcast, course number 10218.12V will be available through the Center of Learning on Thursday, December 13. The broadcast contains a video demonstrating the procedure on a Chevrolet Colorado and details on the new Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP transmission fluid.

The detailed service procedure may seem complicated at first review. However, we are confident that once you've completed the procedure you will find it relatively easy.

Proper Diagnosis: Sometimes shudder is not caused by the torque converter clutch (TCC). In some instances, shudder is fish bite, chuggle, surge or vibration. Utilizing the GDS and or the PICO Scope will help confirm the issue is TCC shudder. We have seen cases of suspected TCC shudder turn out to be engine performance, tire/wheel vibration or a driveline vibration.

Please do not contact the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) seeking information on when the new Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP transmission fluid and tool kit will be available nationwide. TAC does not have any additional information.

For those dealers that are not among the initial selected group. Please continue to follow 16-NA-175 and 18-NA-177 until the new service procedure is available nationwide. We are working diligently to get the new service solution available to all dealers and will advise through an additional Global Connect message once available.

Thank you for your cooperation.

GM CUSTOMER CARE & AFTERSALES

·
Registered
182 Posts
John,
You Rock!
I will forward this immediately to the shop forman at the dealership. Maybe this is the reason for no response from those above the field engineer...they were working on releasing this.
Thanks, as always, Mr. Elegant!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Talked to the dealership. They said “doubt this will fix it but we can try”.
Perhaps it is just me but why is it our responsibility to provide this material to the end user? I just can't understand why the Service department of a certified Chevrolet dealer would not know this material and take it upon themselves to trouble shoot this.
And it's not just Chevrolet. I have the same issue with Mopar. Almost like if you don't show up with the solution don't bother showing up with the problem.

Rant over...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts