Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Perhaps it is just me but why is it our responsibility to provide this material to the end user? I just can't understand why the Service department of a certified Chevrolet dealer would not know this material and take it upon themselves to trouble shoot this.
And it's not just Chevrolet. I have the same issue with Mopar. Almost like if you don't show up with the solution don't bother showing up with the problem.

Rant over...
Yep, second that! Even more ridiculous; I emailed this to them Friday morning early. At 5:20pm, not even a reply...”thanks, looking into it, etc...”. So I called them again. Asked for the advisor, he said, “yeah, they got my email, discussed with the shop foreman...” and you know from my previous post their sentiment.

This is exhausting...

·
Registered
182 Posts
inspectorcallahan and others:

Have you seen this latest GM service bulletin on a new procedure?

Re: New Fix A8 Transmission Shudder

GM yesterday came out with an additional/separate fix for the Z8’s transmission shudder, one different front the torque tube clutch replacement. If you are having an A8 trans issue, this could be very helpful information for you. Unfortunately, with all new procedures/parts, it is not yet available. Hopefully, this will help those of you who have been having this issue.

What has been so interesting to many who have been following this, is that over 90% of all users with A8’s have not have an issue, but others have had it, and unfortunately, some more than once.
One week later no response from my dealer or this post from CCC. Am I impatient?

·
Administrator
15,667 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
FYI...still no reply.
Sent a reminder Jan 13,
...and still no reply.

No response from the field service engineer that required I bring the car in for tests in mid-November either. Dealership / shop foreman, last time I spoke to him...said no response from CHEVROLET. I kinda feel like they’re just trying to wait me out till I get tired of asking. After 12 plus trips to the dealer, literally weeks without the car waiting for some warranty work, flush, Torque Converter replacement, full tranny replacement, temp sensor and wiring harness...one would think a formal response to the patient owner would be a standard procedure in a major corporation.
Hmm..maybe it’s just me...

·
Administrator
15,667 Posts
Sorry to read this inspectorcallahan, usually sending a PM to ChevroletCustomerCare results in a response. Please try again and let me know in a few days by PM if they respond. If not, I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maybe someone has some advise for me.

Here is my story

I've been in the process of rebuilding a 2014 from a light flood and had to replace the cluster, EBCM and Rear Clutch Module. Prior to starting this project I talked to acdelcotds about the project and they gave me information on the equipment needed to accomplished reprogramming, I when ahead and purchase the equipment and the subscription.

However, When I attempted to program these modules I was not able to do so because of the following reasons which is information that could easily be provided from acdelcotds.

The ebcm required a security code
The instrument cluster required a VIC to transfer odometer reading from BCM to cluster
The rear clutch module would set a message of error in the programming and to call acdelcotds for assistance.

I contacted acdelcotds where they told me something completely different than a few weeks earlier.

Again dcdelcotds can easily provide me with the information needed to complete the programming on those three modules.

They said GM does not allow them to assist me, a private individuals working on a rebuilt car in anyway!

That I was out of luck and should had purchase a new vehicle.

I told them I would if I could but a rebuilt was all I could afford on a disabled veteran fix income. Seem They can care less as no help was given.

I tried to contact GM directly but there is no return in any of my emails.

I could use some help with this! This is a car with under 10k with little damage due to the water.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts